Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blackpool v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 31696 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 13:48:29 »

Should be sat in a pub in Blackpool making a weekend of it as we speak. Not this season.
Shame as there is decent ale to be found there if you know where to look.

Only been there a couple of times for the football.
Was falling out of love with the club during the McMahon years but good to be there to clinch promotion in 96.
I do remember Sam Allardyce coming across as a very bitter individual even then.

No idea how the team will do tomorrow.
We will cause them problems plus the added interest of Yates & Keshi in action for the opposition.
Not sure how much home advantage there is in these bcd times, even with a sparse crowd the atmosphere will still be like a friendly or for a trophy game.

Hopefully this will get included in the pre match music, but I doubt it.

And a quiz question to finish.
Which Swindon manager has the most appearances against us as a player?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 13:58:18 »

Forgot to ponder. With money being too tight to mention I'm guessing that the team will be travelling to away games on the day unless there is a budget set aside for selected overnight stays?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Panda Paws

« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 14:04:51 »

Can't remember who mentioned it but they traveled today and trained up in the NW.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 14:12:56 »

Should be sat in a pub in Blackpool making a weekend of it as we speak. Not this season.
Shame as there is decent ale to be found there if you know where to look.

Only been there a couple of times for the football.
Was falling out of love with the club during the McMahon years but good to be there to clinch promotion in 96.
I do remember Sam Allardyce coming across as a very bitter individual even then.

No idea how the team will do tomorrow.
We will cause them problems plus the added interest of Yates & Keshi in action for the opposition.
Not sure how much home advantage there is in these bcd times, even with a sparse crowd the atmosphere will still be like a friendly or for a trophy game.

Hopefully this will get included in the pre match music, but I doubt it.

Wellens played against us loads so I'll go for him.

Think we'll grab a point tomorrow.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 14:36:18 »

Excellent pre match preview as always Bob. Wish I could be there but settling for a week down in Cornwall where I will stream the match online. Would take a draw although really hope we can get another 3 points.
Valid Pint

« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 14:48:01 »

Can't remember who mentioned it but they traveled today and trained up in the NW.
Did they have to travel solo in their own cars?

Any tickets spare yet?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 14:55:15 »

In all games against Blackpool we have only managed 7 wins from the 36 games with Blackpool winning 12 and 17 ending as a draw, we have scored 39 and conceded 51.

However, in away games at Bloomfield Road we have only managed 1 win in 18 games with Blackpool winning 9 and 8 finishing as a draw, we have scored 14 and conceded 28, a pretty poor record.

Saying that though, we have only lost once in our last 5 visits and only lost 2 of our last 8 visits, the other 6 matches ending as draws. Our only win so far coming in 1979 when Alan Mayes scored the only goal of the game.

Blackpool have (obviously) Yates and Anderson who moved to them in the Summer as ex Town players, Swindon have just Richie Wellens himself as the only ex Blackpool tie in, having played 226 times for them scoring 26 goals in his near 6 year spell there.

Manager Neil Critchley has yet to win a competitve match in charge of Blackpool with 3 draws and 2 defeats from his first 5 games in charge. 3 of those games ending 0-0 with Blackpool scoring only 1 goal and conceding just 3 in the 5 games so far under his head "coach"manship.

Critchleys preview.

Quote from: Blackpool fans
Will need to play better than we did last week. Swindon have some injury problems apparently, but Richie W appears to be both a great organiser and motivator of players, and he seems to find the players he needs somehow, despite missing out on players to the likes of us with their smaller budget. As a player he had quality and he had attitude, and he made things happen. He got in the faces of the opposition. I expect a difficult game.

if we score early I think we will easily win!!!

Same team as last week, if Swindon do play football should be plenty of space for our front 3...

I think it will be a tough game, they'll be well organised and on a high after promotion, whilst we're still finding our feet.

My only forecast which I sincerely hope is proved completely wrong is that we won`t score many if any goals,probably one at most although I imagine Yates will be keen to get on the scoresheet against his old oppo`s.

Sticking my neck out here. Blackpool win 3-1, Hamilton scorer on 27 mins. Yes swindon beat Rochdale 3-1 but having watched the highlights rochdale were very poor.

I think we need someone to neutralise Jack Payne in their midfield.

We are at home, we have a good midfield, maybe we should let them try to neutralise us rather than limit our own flow?

Blackpool 0-0 Swindon in front of a crowd of 1,066, including the disliked Rob Hartley.

I will go with....

Kovar
Caddis    Odimayo     Fryers    Hunt
              Grant    M Smith
   J Smith         DJ             Payne
                   T Smith

Fryer
Grounds
Haines
Iandolo
Curran
Pitman
Hope

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 14:59:12 »

There's not actually much competition for this is there. We've had a few top flight players who'd rarely have come across us in their careers - King, Hoddle, Ardiles, Macari, Gorman, McMahon, di Canio, Mackay, probably Flitcroft. Of the lower-league players, some will have turned out against us a few times: Onuora, Ling, Wilson, maybe Brown and Beamish? We can exclude Malpas, Trollope, L Williams. No idea who Bob Smith, Fred Ford, Bert Head played for.

Wellens might be a good call. Or Danny Williams - bet he was a  player for some lower-league northern team for years.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 15:01:41 »

Jimmy Quinn? (not the irritating poster)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 15:04:59 »

Blackpool 1-0 Swindon (att: 994)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 15:10:50 »

Wellens might be a good call. Or Danny Williams - bet he was a  player for some lower-league northern team for years.
Wellens has played against Swindon a total of 15 times.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 15:14:22 »

1-2 in front of 987
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 15:18:08 »

Yeah, Wellens with 15 appearances for 5 different clubs is top of the "I've played against them loads so why not manage them as well" league.

Followed by Phil Brown with 13 (4 clubs) and Danny Wilson with 11 (5 clubs).

Crap!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 17:04:21 »

I'll go definitely BTTS. I think I predicted 1-1 in the Batcherino sponsored Prediction League.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 17:10:51 »

Will take a point.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: