Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blackpool v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 31888 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 08:14:22 »

Jonny gutted... Had Asthma attack on pitch, first one ever in a match and could not breath, tried another inhaler shot but made no difference.  Chest infection suspected and  just been to doctors and  has been given steroids to open up Airways. I am gutted also thought he would bag a couple today.

It's a strange one.  He would not have been able to play football at a senior level like this without having been able to manage the asthma effectively up until now.  It'll always be there, lurking in the background.  Management is everything.  Hope he & the medical team are able to draw some positives and learn from what must have been a scary experience.  Good luck to the lad.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 08:14:52 »

I can see the argument that he was beaten near lost for his first goal (though would agree it was more a question of fundamentals than near post being the issue), the second one though wasn’t the same. The guy was cutting inwards, and to my memory had about a clear a view of either post. Also wouldn’t have helped that fryers was slap bang in front of Kovar as the shot was struck

Things get better but they never get good
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 09:09:16 »

I heard an interview with David Seaman not so long ago, he said the mark of a good, professional keeper was how they bounce back from things like this. I think there is the propensity for a lot of psychological fall out over having let a goal in by not adhering to GK fundamentals. It's up to SM to take good care of him and use his experience to adapt coaching as required. The way Kovář holds himself on the pitch screams confidence to me so I think that we will see no adverse effects

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #318 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 09:16:28 »

I still stick with my straight after game assessment of Kovar. I think hes a decent keeper and will work on any weaknesses that have been highlighted so far.

Kovar is young and raw and shouldn't have been beaten twice at his near post (once was enough!) but I am sure they will work on that and it will make him a better keeper eventually.

Benda looked shakey in his first 3 or 4 games for us, his game vs Plymouth in the Mickey Mouse cup he looked woeful and yet turned out to be a very good keeper, he also made mistakes vs Crewe.

I am confident Kovar will be the same.

He is 4 games into his professional career and being a keeper is a position that is highlighted much more when you make a perceived error as it often costs a goal, something every other player on the pitch can get away with several times a match.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 12:34:06 »

Couldn't watch yesterday, but just caught up with the extended highlights.

The difference between this and last week was that we scored early against Rochdale. Had either of the chances to T Smith and J Smith hit the back of the net then it could have been different.

Kovar needs to look at his positioning - Noticed it last week a bit too. Working with a G/K coach will hopefully iron out the near post weakness (if indeed there is one).

We looked over run in the second half because we were chasing the game. Not overly worried about that.

Onwards and upwards!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 14:51:48 »

Couldn't watch yesterday, but just caught up with the extended highlights.

The difference between this and last week was that we scored early against Rochdale. Had either of the chances to T Smith and J Smith hit the back of the net then it could have been different.

Kovar needs to look at his positioning - Noticed it last week a bit too. Working with a G/K coach will hopefully iron out the near post weakness (if indeed there is one).

We looked over run in the second half because we were chasing the game. Not overly worried about that.

Onwards and upwards!

I did watch the game live on ifollow and yours is an accurate summary. We were the better team in the first quarter of the game and had chances to go ahead. We didnt deserve to be behind at half time, but once they scored early in the second half, we didnt look like getting back in to it, as they played with a higher tempo and utilised their pace on the counter as well. Having said that if Hope scores with the shot that hit the bottom of the post and rolled along the goal line, it may well have changed the momentum of the game.

Overall Blackpool deserved their win, based on their second half showing, but we played well in spells and Matt Smith looks a tremendous prospect with a great range of passing. Jonathan Smith is also a big threat and the game changed when he went off.

Not too downhearted, as we have players getting used to the team, players coming back from injuries and 2 additional signings due in this week. Feel we will be OK in this league, top 10 with an outside shout of the play offs, which I think we would all accept in a higher league and having lost our entire strike force from last season.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 15:45:30 »

Rochdale drew 0-0 with Pompey today so maybe last week we were better than many gave us credit for...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 16:44:43 »

We're not a bad side. Last week didn't make us Champions elect, this week didn't make us relgation candidates. We'll be nearer the top than the bottom come the end of the season.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 18:27:08 »

Rochdale drew 0-0 with Pompey today so maybe last week we were better than many gave us credit for...
Nah come on, Rochdale were fucking bilge last week. Maybe they improved this week (they couldn't have got much worse), maybe Pompey had a shitter, but they were genuinely fucking terrible. Like OST says, no need to over-react to either result.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 19:29:37 »

The difference in the two sides was CJ Hamilton, who ran riot for most of the game.  Blackpool didn't have too much else in the way of threats, but he appeared to get us rattled.

ust be the oldest
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 20:11:40 »

The difference in the two sides was CJ Hamilton, who ran riot for most of the game.  Blackpool didn't have too much else in the way of threats, but he appeared to get us rattled.

I thought their left back was the best player on the park.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 20:23:53 »

Mitchell? Yes he was very good
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 06:09:58 »

Exactly how I thought Woolery would have been for us but it wasn’t to be
Peter Venkman

« Reply #328 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 08:24:45 »

I thought their left back was the best player on the park.
He was, fast and decent control too, struggled coping with Jonny Smith at times but after he went off he Mitchell had the run of the wing whenever he wanted.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #329 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 08:26:24 »

He was THE big difference, but thats what you get when he cost more than our entire team put together. As stated above only him and Mitchell would get in our side though IMO, they had a few others that did ok but they were no better than any of our players.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: