Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blackpool v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 31915 times)
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 16:58:51 »

After first putting that we were out thought and out muscled. On reflection, I think that we were rather unlucky. J Smith going off made a difference, no doubt about it, but if the two clear changes had gone in we would all have been congratulating the team on a hard earn draw.

Ok, work on the fitness get the next two in and I believe that we will be ok. That was a game against one of the fancied teams. Frustrating yes, overly concerning no.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #301 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 16:59:07 »

Cheers.

Did he say what was wrong with Jonny Smith?
Rob Hartley said during the match that he went off using an inhaler so they pressumed it was an asthma attack.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #302 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 16:59:59 »

Jonny gutted... Had Asthma attack on pitch, first one ever in a match and could not breath, tried another inhaler shot but made no difference.  Chest infection suspected and  just been to doctors and  has been given steroids to open up Airways. I am gutted also thought he would bag a couple today.
We had to change shape after he went off and we never looked the same after he went off, fingers crossed he will be back to full fitness for next week with no after effects.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 18:30:06 »

Plenty of positives to take from that today.
Still a few players short of full match fitness and a few more in next week.
Without doubt we will improve however Blackpool looked decent attacking but vulnerable at the back, without us really testing them.

The piss stains lost which always helps.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 19:37:22 »

Leeds lad coming in has blistering pace.

My Leeds supporting mate saw the interview and was surprised by this bit - thinks he's a good player but wouldn't have picked out his pace as a strength. Odd.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 19:40:31 »

My Leeds supporting mate saw the interview and was surprised by this bit - thinks he's a good player but wouldn't have picked out his pace as a strength. Odd.

Probably reckons the Leeds team of the 70’s never cheated Smiley
Panda Paws

« Reply #306 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 19:49:33 »

Listened to the comment. Think RW meant pace in transition with the ball rather than straight line Alan O'Brien pace.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 20:43:03 »

highlights

NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 21:34:18 »

I didn’t watch today’s game, but as others have said it’s too early to panic.
We have had a number of players come in in the last couple of weeks, so we have people getting used to new teammates and style of play, possibly a bit short of fitness too. Also others eg Baudry coming back from injury, and needing to get up to full speed. Also more new arrivals coming next week.
We are likely to be a bit erratic until they settle in, but ought to be ok.
Today was a tough away game against a side who have spent heavily and are expected to be near the top at the end of the season.
Valid Pint

« Reply #309 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 05:53:03 »

Get again Power Play means we will start with a few weeks' handicap at the start of the season.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 07:07:32 »

Oh well, first away defeat since January.
Chances need to be taken when they present themselves against big six teams.

A full length diving finger tip save of one that's heading into the top corner might do the keeper some good.
I'm sure he'll look at any mistakes, work it out in training, learn from them and be better for it.

Blackpool are a decent side.
I liked their marauding left back in particular.
Hopefully we get our own this week when Donohue signs.
A bit of a quandary and will be harsh on whoever is left out, but I'd stick with Caddis at right back at least until the team settles into this league.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 07:16:26 »

worth pointing out kovar did save a one on one and also snuffed one out as he raced out the area to beat the Blackpool striker who had got clear.

first goal was soft, second he was rooted, and they are the ones that stick in the mind, but it wasn't all bad
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 07:56:34 »

Oh well, first away defeat since January.
Chances need to be taken when they present themselves against big six teams.

A full length diving finger tip save of one that's heading into the top corner might do the keeper some good.
I'm sure he'll look at any mistakes, work it out in training, learn from them and be better for it.

Blackpool are a decent side.
I liked their marauding left back in particular.
Hopefully we get our own this week when Donohue signs.
A bit of a quandary and will be harsh on whoever is left out, but I'd stick with Caddis at right back at least until the team settles into this league.
I think Kovar can take confidence from the two saves he made later on, one that was on the nearside and the other on the edge of the area - probably one of his strongest attributes is his starting position in those situations.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 08:02:26 »

But, I thought it was an unwritten rule that a keeper should never be beaten on his near post, especially twice in one game.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 08:10:36 »

But, I thought it was an unwritten rule that a keeper should never be beaten on his near post, especially twice in one game.
And yet every keeper gets beaten at their near post. He won't be happy about it and will probably feel he could have done better with the first but some times, keepers just get beaten at their near post.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: