Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grant Smith  (Read 4559 times)
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 15:04:15 »

Quote from: "Chris K"
Quote from: "decks-e-tow"
sorry but two goals isn't going to change my opinion of him. i've seen him in all of our home reserve games aswell and still think he would struggle for a place on the bench if all our players are fit.

So the hat-trick against the City reserves means nothing to you then?

He had a damn good game there - best player on the pitch by some distance.

yeah grant-ed  Cool . but still he still looked immobile and slow in that game. he's a good finisher and his freekick was nice, but i dont think that one performance should get him a place in the team. he's a useful squad player but not reay for a starting berth yet IMHO

officially blacker than the night.
Piemonte

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 15:05:20 »

word to big bird
Trowbridge Red

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 16:58:10 »

He needs a run of games before we can judge him.

People must agree though he has not had a fair chance to impress as many of his appearances have been as a substitution.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 17:51:48 »

Quote from: "Piemonte2"
word to big bird

:beers

officially blacker than the night.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 19:00:30 »

Quote from: "Chris K"
sorry but two goals isn't going to change my opinion of him. i've seen him in all of our home reserve games aswell and still think he would struggle for a place on the bench if all our players are fit.

So the hat-trick against the City reserves means nothing to you then?

He had a damn good game there - best player on the pitch by some distance.

yeah grant-ed  Cool . but still he still looked immobile and slow in that game. he's a good finisher and his freekick was nice, but i dont think that one performance should get him a place in the team. he's a useful squad player but not reay for a starting berth yet IMHO

I'm still not sure I can agree.  I thought he was extremely good in that game, even though it was admittedly against less than interested opposition.

The trouble is there are barely any reserve fixtures any more, and he needs to have a run in the first team so we - and Andy King - can see what he's made of.

If he gets the chance against decent opposition and fails to deliver, then drop him.  Otherwise there's next to no point him being there.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: