Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doughty  (Read 11823 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 16:49:05 »

Doughts gave his all as a town player & for that I’ll be forever grateful. I hope whatever is his issues are resolved ASAP.

Spot on.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 16:50:40 »

He is young enough to make a return. I understand that many, if not all, professionals would like to return to the game if they could.  That said, I acknowledge that he doesn't fit the mould of the average footballer.

Nothing to see here
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:06:54 »

Loved watching Doughty play. Wish him all the best
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:07:06 »

As everyone has said, thanks Doughts and all the best for the future, some things are more important than football.

You are smart and well educated as well as being financially secure without the need for football, he has a young baby, he was communting 3 hours a day and he has not been the same player since his awful illness.

Good luck, you will always be part of STFC lore, on your day there is no better midfielder.

Thank you.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
hanneyred

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:11:37 »

I hope that everyone that was accusing him of throwing his toys/having a hissy fit are now eating their own shoes.

Great man, great servant to the club, will be missed on and off the pitch.
Let’s hope the club have left the door open for a return in the future.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:13:34 »

My favourite player. Will miss him but as others are saying, family comes first (and happiness).

Thanks for Macclesfield at home August 2018, one of my favourite endings to a match.

Well said and the game he will always be remembered for.
Always had time for the fans and met him on the train so many games coming home.
Hope he settles and comes back with a proper chance to say goodbye.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:14:19 »

^^^^ not really, that read just the rumour and reported as such.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:34:01 »

Michael Doughty has been a great player fir the club  much loved by almost all the fans, and respected by thstaff and players. Yet football has still - in whatever way - got him down. I hope we will remember this in making our often trenchant, critical comments about other less well-regarded players. Few if any do less than their best. They all want to make their name. The pressures, especially on younger lower league players is often immense, unseen and misunderstood. There is very real and justified concern about mental health issues across the game.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:39:56 »

Good luck Doughty.
Was the player I have most enjoyed watching in recent times and was intrigued to see how his clever brain would help us this season. Family first. Hope all is well.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:48:16 »

A classy player and seemed a really classy guy whenever he spoke in public. Such a shame to see him go, both because he was well liked by the fans and because he was an important part of the XI and our success.  Good luck getting things back in order, and thanks for your time in a Town shirt.

Edit: reading that article below, it’s easy to forget we’re talking about a guy who lost his Dad before he was 20. People shouldn’t reference his wealth as much - it doesn’t matter. I’m sure he’d swap all that in a moment.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 18:45:19 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:51:58 »

Quote from: Samdy Gray
Personal reasons do not necessarily mean issues or problems.

I wish him all the best.

Wellens taked of his wife and new baby. Speculating but it can be a big change for a new mum, and him being away so much....

whatever, I hope they get it so sorted over time and that he gets back to football one day as he's got time (if he indeed wants to)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:55:09 »

Michael Doughty has been a great player fir the club  much loved by almost all the fans, and respected by thstaff and players. Yet football has still - in whatever way - got him down. I hope we will remember this in making our often trenchant, critical comments about other less well-regarded players. Few if any do less than their best. They all want to make their name. The pressures, especially on younger lower league players is often immense, unseen and misunderstood. There is very real and justified concern about mental health issues across the game.

Brilliantly put.  Thank you.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 18:26:47 »

Shame.  Ive often quoted him recently saying 'Worrying is like praying for something to go wrong'.  Great player, who loved the club.  I guess he was an outsider in a way as well.  Not a lot of public school players. 

Never knowingly overstated.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 18:32:57 »

Brilliantly put.  Thank you.

Here here.
It’s like we treat them differently, like robots and never once stop to think that they are no different to any of us. They are human beings after all with feelings.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 18:40:58 »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/[nobbc]s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8723677/amp/Doughty-stepped-elite-public-school-muck-nettles-lower-league-football.html[/nobbc]

Dated just yesterday.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: