Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doughty  (Read 11822 times)
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 18:48:55 »

My favourite player. Will be welcomed back anytime he wants. I really hope he can get his personal issues resolved.
All the bests Dought's and thank you.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 19:05:18 »

There'll always be a place for you at Swindon Town. On the field, or in the stand.  You've earnt that.

Thanks for the memories, for being the only bright spark in some dark days and for coming back to be part of the bright days, too.

Nothing but best wishes.

Cheers, Michael, you'll be missed.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 04:45:02 by donkey » Logged

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 20:36:38 »

There'll always be a place for you at Swindon Town. On the field, or in the stand.  You've earnt that.

Thanks for the memories, for being there only bright spark in some dark days and for coming back to be part of the bright days, too.

Nothing but best wishes.

Cheers, Michael, you'll be missed.
Pint
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 20:57:42 »

Quote from: bamboonoshop
Especially considering Doughty losing his Father earlier than most. Perhaps he wants to make sure he spends time with his and of course being there for his wife too.

Quote from: Frigby Daser
...it’s easy to forget we’re talking about a guy who lost his Dad before he was 20. People shouldn’t reference his wealth as much - it doesn’t matter. I’m sure he’d swap all that in a moment.

Amongst my rammle, I did reference this but some on here prefer to target unnecessary elements of my posts down to just one word. Absolutely though. Anyone would swap it all just to even have an hour with those they've lost. I'm sure wherever his Father may be, he will be incredibly proud of him.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 21:10:50 »

Some of these tributes to Doughty are a credit to the true Supporters of this crazy football club.
Nice touches and well deserved.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 22:26:20 »

Selfishly, from a Swindon town football club position, I think it takes a difficult decision about wage allocation out of Wellens/powers hands and possibly frees up some money elsewhere. On paper, the two central midfielder positions are well stocked for bodies, if not equal quality. Grant, lyden, m Smith, Palmer, jayesimi (with the caveat of requiring two defensive bodies behind him). Even conroy has played there before if we were in a real pinch

Things get better but they never get good
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 22:31:35 »

devastated to see him go. a real class act, i have posted numerous times regarding our win ratio with and without him the last few years and the difference is incredible. a huge loss and these players dont come around too often. can unlock teams with some magical pass and movements.

it is noticeable that he hasn't retired just left the club. might be leaving the door open for the future you never know
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 23:27:24 »

I know it’s easy to say in hindsight now, but I actually said to my old man the other week I can see him being in and out of the side now he’s got his trainer business.
There is no doubt about it he came to Swindon because he wanted to be at Swindon. We all know he’s not short of money so we should he proud he chose our club to play for. He was to good for league 2, at his best he’s to good for league 1. So we should be thankful that he played for us as long as he did.
He’s probably technically the best footballer to wear the shirt in the last 5 years.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 23:53:01 »

I know it’s easy to say in hindsight now, but I actually said to my old man the other week I can see him being in and out of the side now he’s got his trainer business.
There is no doubt about it he came to Swindon because he wanted to be at Swindon. We all know he’s not short of money so we should he proud he chose our club to play for. He was to good for league 2, at his best he’s to good for league 1. So we should be thankful that he played for us as long as he did.
He’s probably technically the best footballer to wear the shirt in the last 5 years.
Nice comment Quag. Clap
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 00:14:59 »

Concur 100%.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 06:07:14 »

Agree.
Class act
Good luck Michael.
Welcome at Town anytime
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 07:00:42 »

3 for the No. 3 - an unforgettable afternoon.

More significant though was Doughty's incisive passing and, I suspect, the effect of his unrelenting focus and confidence on younger team members last season.

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 08:17:06 »

For much of his time here he was always the first name to go on the team sheet.
A classy player we were fortunate to have at our club.
I wish him and his family all the very best.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 11:19:49 »

First I hope he is ok and whatever issues have caused this decision are swiftly sorted / dealt with.

I don’t know whether this is a career break for Michael or retirement, either way I hope there is always a place for him back at STFC in which ever capacity suites him.
Flashheart

« Reply #59 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 11:21:04 »

Hoping he'll expand his fortune further before eventually buying STFC.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: