Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34745 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 09:01:56 »

Always baffles me how many fans, of all teams, judge players based on 1 or 2 games

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 09:10:14 »

They should be worrying about their neighbors at the end of the tram line not us or keep bigging up the piss stains

Neighbours.....
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 10:04:12 »

So, does anybody know the reasons for the missing Palmer and Iandolo?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 10:08:27 »

Dead leg for Iandolo and illness for Palmer.  Youngsters not doing enough in training to deserve a place on the bench hence only 5 subs.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 10:10:48 »

Dead leg for Iandolo and illness for Palmer.  Youngsters not doing enough in training to deserve a place on the bench hence only 5 subs.

It makes you wonder how lazy the youngsters are as all he was asking was for them to train hard for 2/3 hours on the Friday morning with the reward of a place on the bench for a league one game

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 10:34:25 »

I'll let you work that out for yourself if geography isn't your strong point🤔

I think Reg was correcting your spelling, not your strong point?  Wink
Unless you're American?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 10:40:08 »

Do we buy the Palmer illness?

I think everyone has believed he is one they want out. Does he suddenly become better because of the loss of Doughty? I don't think so. Not playing him protects him from injury etc for potential sale or loan out.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 10:41:36 »

Do we buy the Palmer illness?

I think everyone has believed he is one they want out. Does he suddenly become better because of the loss of Doughty? I don't think so. Not playing him protects him from injury etc for potential sale or loan out.

Football managers are no different to politicians they know how to play the media!

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 11:03:19 »

For those watching the game on Ifollow, was the crowd ‘noise’ being piped in over the speakers at the County Ground?

Also is there really any need for the goal announcements when there are no fans? Although thinking about it again, perhaps this is a way of bringing about a level of ‘normality’ with home comforts etc to the players?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 11:04:55 »

For those watching the game on Ifollow, was the crowd ‘noise’ being piped in over the speakers at the County Ground?

Also is there really any need for the goal announcements when there are no fans? Although thinking about it again, perhaps this is a way of bringing about a level of ‘normality’ with home comforts etc to the players?

Yes, it was coming out the CG speakers. It sounds like Wellens had requested it going by his interview.
Flashheart

« Reply #550 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 11:07:35 »

I preferred it. It sounds weird when you can hear the players talking and every kick of the ball.

It was almost as though there was an atmosphere. Maybe it has a similar effect on the pitch?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 11:18:18 »

not a big fan. but if it helps them go for it, go for it.

need a Swindon specific soundboard though.

I can just stand at the gate and shout "fooooowards" if it helps
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 12:15:47 »

Yes, it was coming out the CG speakers. It sounds like Wellens had requested it going by his interview.

Fair enough. If it helps the team then I’m all for it. Just thought it sounded a bit unusual.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 12:16:24 »

Gives a bit of normality back and makes sense to me. If stadiums are silent it’s just like a training match on a training ground, at least this way it’s a constant reminder it matters, same with goal announcements it gives a bit of a celebration still. Eventually players will play in front of crowds again so they shouldn’t get used to playing in silence.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 13:07:08 »

“Get it forward” should be set on a timer every 5 minutes to really make it feel like a normal home game.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: