Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 35083 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 20:38:06 »

Back to the match - Rochdale were beyond shit. In the first half we took advantage, in the second we sat back and let them continue to be shit

Things get better but they never get good
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 20:44:04 »

Yellow Filth not happy with the league table

* Capture.JPG (20.55 KB, 495x206 - viewed 315 times.)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 21:06:00 »

Town v Rochdale on Quest (Ch12 Freeview) in the next minute or two.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 21:44:49 »

take it for what it is, a good easy 3 points and a very enjoyable first half.

in the context of the wider season, obviously irrelevant.

The three points or the ease of victory?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 22:01:54 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
take it for what it is, a good easy 3 points and a very enjoyable first half.

in the context of the wider season, obviously irrelevant.
 The three points or the ease of victory?

both. more that neither are yet an indicator of anything good or bad.

when we get promoted by 3 points obviously the context will have changed
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 00:48:26 »

Blaming the ref whatever next😁

It's a common theme with those deluded wankers. Glad to be looking down on them tonight, as we should.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 05:53:35 »

Well, one positive from the Doughty situation was the performance of Matt Smith who, in normal circumstances, wouldn’t have expected a regular start. He was energetic, closed down well, put in some good blocks/tackles and, of course, his goal.

It was noticeable how he improved as the game progressed - as if proving to himself he could impact a game at this level.

Odimayo was a revelation, though. Never put a foot wrong, although Dale hardly pressured him.

The 10 minutes or so if Pitman was quite telling. A presence up top that could win a header under pressure that allows the others a bit of a breather and time to fall back into position - stupid yellow, though.

I know Smith T was supposed to be replacement for the Admiral but his performance was very Yates like with his work rate.

Hunt, Caddis, Fryers and Grant did what they did so well last season. Bit disappointed in Jonny Smith but you know he’s going to tear some teams apart.

DJ looks as if just needs a couple more games to get up to speed.

Payne looks a very good signing - bringing high energy all over the pitch. He’ll notch a few, too.

Kovar had nothing to do but is so comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I think Wellens is right. Add 3/4 to this squad with the ability of the others he’s brought in and we could be in for a decent season.
Valid Pint

« Reply #532 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 07:16:58 »

It could have been a good week end up there

I'm going anyway. You can see the pitch from the top of the roller coaster & the Eiffel Tower rip-off.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 07:19:26 »

Richie misses the fans.
The bit where the ground staff sit did look a bit sparse in numbers, so maybe the club could look at renting out a couple of hundred pitchforks to some boisterous volunteers.
Some additional tlc for the pitch now will be of benefit later in the season.

Good three points to start.
Rochdale have been a solid lower mid table outfit, but are maybe on the wane in this league.

Average age of the starting lineup was 24 compared to 26 for first game last season.
Maybe a couple of older heads still required.

Young players out on their first loan can be inconsistent so I'd expect no different from Matt Smith to start with.
If he's a class above in L1 then a 7 or 8 out of 10 in every 2 games out of 3 would be very good.

Still not worked out if the keeper is left or right footed.

So, Michael Doughty. I wish him all the very best in his future endeavours.
Always looked forward to seeing him play.
We were lucky that someone who should have been playing at a higher level developed such an affinity for the club.
Rare in these mercenary days.
The love was not unrequited.
After all of the tributes he'd better not rock up somewhere else in January!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
REDBUCK

« Reply #534 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 07:31:25 »

Agree with all that's been said by last 2/3 posts.

A good start by all newbies to some degree, defence looked solid but more difficult afternoons to come in next few weeks. Enjoyed M Smith in particular.

Disappointed to concede late on, left back missing in action to allow a free cross.  Cheesy

As for Doughty, i assume we'll still hold the registration for now just in case.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 07:43:17 »

Agree with pretty much everything in the last 3 posts. Matt Smith was the big plus and was arguably our best player. As WB said, on another day he may be less effective... on the other hand, T Smith who was quiet (ish) yesterday might be ripping the oppo a new one.

You could say we were fortunate to be playing Rochdale who on that evidence look like they will struggle this season (they may look a different team when Humphrys comes in to be fair)...but you can only beat what is in front of you.

Overall, no one is getting carried away but you have to pleased with that for the first game.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #536 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 08:33:01 »

Talking about other forums. The piss stains are tearing strips out of each other after their defeat today.

They really thought they were the dog’s bollocks.

This is one post.

Peterborough lost their first game for the second season running. Blackpool lost. Portsmouth and Sunderland drew. All of them against mid to lower table opposition.

Seems to be a flaw in the design of every team that likes to 'play' in this division.

I think you are missing one major team that likes to "play" Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 08:36:47 »

I was most impressed with the energy of the pressing in the first half, which prevented Rochdale from getting going.  They must be fitter than I expected (or feared).

ust be the oldest
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #538 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 08:51:16 »

Some comments from our tango friends in the North West after their defeat yesterday.

We play them up there next Saturday, lets judge it by that performance, I have a feeling Yates and Keshi will be "up for it".

Still need a commanding striker.

Keshi was a bit anonymous today and seemed to played out wide and was wasted out there.

1....Yates isn’t the answer....

I thought Yates was pretty anonymous and tbh aside from the fact he should have scored with the free header he was easily marshalled. He is looking like a centre forward who cannot score and needs a goal to get him off and running.

Keshi 5.5 quiet game by his high standards and was particularly subdued first half

Yates 5 I felt this was his worst game in a tangerine shirt and he needs to be much more selfish and getting shots off...needs to be closer to the danger zone more often ...should have scored with that poor header

Yates is being allowed to chase the ball. He should be stopped and made to wait for the ball in and around the edge of the penalty area or (a la Lineker) poach on the edge of the six yard box.

We need 2 strikers for a start...

Yates hasn't anywhere near impressed

Wanting Yates to play the traditional number 9 role in this formation shows how little some people know about football.

Six games without a win. No goals in 3 games.

So Swindon are top and Accrington are currently in the runners up spot.
Hands up if anyone thinks they'll both be above Blackpool, Oxford and Peterborough by the end of the season

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 08:56:25 »

Some comments from our tango friends in the North West after their defeat yesterday.

We play them up there next Saturday, lets judge it by that performance, I have a feeling Yates and Keshi will be "up for it".

They should be worrying about their neighbours at the end of the tram line not us or keep bigging up the piss stains
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 10:38:25 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: