Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34743 times)
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:28:12 »

Here we go, then.  Our first League 1 game. Rochdale not the strongest of opponents, but it’ll be interesting to see how we fare in a game that actually means something.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:30:07 by Geoff the Ref » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:31:47 »

Not a fan of these non-standard headings for MDTs this season. A nagging worry, given the results that have followed so far...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:35:52 »

Not a fan of these non-standard headings for MDTs this season. A nagging worry, given the results that have followed so far...
You again!  Fuck standard headings. I didn’t come on here to be a fucking sheep.  Shaun
And before you suggest anything, my sheep-shagging days are long gone.  Cheesy
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:44:04 »

Fryers back at full back for this? Depends on fitness of Baudry/Conroy and I suppose Caddis.

I doubt both MB and DC will be risked even if 'fit' so maybe Fryers along with one of them at cb
Panda Paws

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:47:36 »

Let's get down to business.

Praying Baudry and Zeki come through. If neither, we're in trouble already and can see Grant and Odimayo in there. Think Cads will get the nod to return over Ellis. The big q is who comes in for Lyden - either drop Doughty back and play 3 very attacking midfielders, or give young Matt Smith a go alongside AG. And is Pitman ready from the start?

On the Fryers back to FB point - RW has stated numerous times he sees Zeki as a CB. If he's fit and he plays, he'll play there.

For me, I'd go:

Kovar
Caddis  Baudry  Fryers Hunt
                  AG Doughty
         J Smith DJ Payne
                T Smith

I've been bullish about our prospects this season and this fixture in particular but the CB situation is annoying me. How can we have 6 senior CBs and still be so short there.

A not very convincing 2-1 win for me Geoff.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:50:55 »

Isn't J Smith a doubt after picking up an injury on Tuesday?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:50:59 »

I can see the XI being the following:

..................Kovar
Caddis.  Baudry.  Fryers.  Hunt
...........Grant.   Doughty
.....Payne.   DJ.   J.Smith
.................T.Smith

Fryer
Odemayo
Iandolo
T.Smith
Palmer
Hope
Pitman
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:52:26 »

I think I'd go with that too Panda. but it didn't sound likely Baudry and Fryers would be fit...

you'd think it would be a few weeks of increasing time from the bench for Pitman.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:57:16 »

Rochdale so far have won 2 out of 2 first team fixtures this season, They have beaten Huddersfield and Morecambe both away so far scoring 3 goals and conceding just 1. We by contrast have scored 4 but conceded 6 with no wins from our first 2 games.

In 22 1st team games against the Dale swindon have so far won 12, drawn 7 and lost just 3 times, scoring 43 goals and conceding 29 an overall win rate of 56%.

In games at the CG between the 2 teams Swindon have won 8, drawn 1 and lost 1, scoring 23 and conceding 9 goals. A win rate of 80%

Rochdale have only ever scored more than a single goal at the CG once, in their only win in 2014 a 3-2 defeat for Town with Rodgers and Smith scoring for Town and Dale getting a last minute winner.

So far Swindon have never failed to score at least 1 goal in home games vs them.

During the Summer they have recuited 2 very highly rates players from Man City, Irish goalkeeper Gavin Bazuna and defender Yeboah Amankwah (no relative).

Swindon 0-0 Rochdale in front of a crowd of 66, including the disliked Rob Hartley.

I will go with....

Kovar
Caddis    Baudry     Fryers    Hunt
              Grant    Doughty
     J Smith      DJ             Payne
                   Pitman

Fryer
Odemayo
Iandolo
T. Smith
M. Smith
Palmer
Hope

Rochdale view on the game.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/52848/match-preview-swindon-town-v-rochdale

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:58:37 »

Didn't realise Fryers was also a doubt..that's a bugger. Not a suprising bugger but a bugger nonetheless.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 12:00:21 »

Let's get down to business.

Praying Baudry and Zeki come through. If neither, we're in trouble already and can see Grant and Odimayo in there. Think Cads will get the nod to return over Ellis. The big q is who comes in for Lyden - either drop Doughty back and play 3 very attacking midfielders, or give young Matt Smith a go alongside AG. And is Pitman ready from the start?

On the Fryers back to FB point - RW has stated numerous times he sees Zeki as a CB. If he's fit and he plays, he'll play there.

For me, I'd go:

Kovar
Caddis  Baudry  Fryers Hunt
                  AG Doughty
         J Smith DJ Payne
                T Smith

I've been bullish about our prospects this season and this fixture in particular but the CB situation is annoying me. How can we have 6 senior CBs and still be so short there.

A not very convincing 2-1 win for me Geoff.

According to Red Frog, Town are doomed because I’ve used the wrong bloody wording in the heading.  On that basis, it doesn’t seem to matter who’s in the team, so why not try Curran as centre forward?  

Actually your selection seems workable.  I assume you see Pitman coming on at some point as a super-sub (God I hate that phrase!).
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 12:03:09 »

Ban Them
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 12:03:50 »

ah proper match day thread, I've missed ya
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 12:04:20 »

My job last season, and what a season that turned out to be. Trouble is I forgot we were starting the season soon  Embarrassed
Beaten to it by Jed  Suicide
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 12:10:15 »

My job last season, and what a season that turned out to be. Trouble is I forgot we were starting the season soon  Embarrassed
Beaten to it by Jed  Suicide
So last season wasn’t down to Doyle, Grant, BFG, Wellens, etc?  It was your choice of heading words, was it?  You must have superhero 🦸‍♂️ powers.  I’m more than happy for you to take over full responsibility for the new season if that’s going to ensure we do well. Sadly I’m not convinced. 
I think you’re a Cunt! Blow Kiss
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: