Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34977 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #60 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:17:55 »

A huff at what? Flare-up in training or more of a long-term running grievance boiling over?
I am guessing so, he and Wellens have often had a spikey relationship, highlighted when Wellens dropped him for his attitude last season, he came back a better player. He hasn't been himself since his illness though and hes not a fan of commuting which also may have had an impact.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:18:45 »

Fuck sake. If true he still has today to apologise and get his place back Smiley
Wellens has played Baudry before after saying he's not gonna play. Fingers crossed that's the case tomorrow..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:19:09 »

Game time for Iandolo, then!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:19:30 »

FFS. sounds very Swindon

he was excellent in the second half of the season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #64 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:19:39 »

I’m hoping it’s rubbish but it’s such a Swindon thing to happen that I am swaying towards it being true.
I am hoping its not true but I have heard this from 3 different people, surely they can't all be wrong?

I am hoping they are wrong though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:20:19 »

I heard similar stories of Doughty quitting training yesterday in a huff from a mate who works at the club.
Wellens frustrations carrying over into training sessions or Doughty out he's not starting?
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:22:33 »

I am guessing so, he and Wellens have often had a spikey relationship, highlighted when Wellens dropped him for his attitude last season, he came back a better player. He hasn't been himself since his illness though and hes not a fan of commuting which also may have had an impact.
Which are you guessing?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:23:01 »

tbf he should try coming in by car instead of that little scooter thing, might make it a bit easier Smiley
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:23:57 »

Wellens frustrations carrying over into training sessions or Doughty out he's not starting?

With Grant maybe having to play CB if Wellens comments on CB injuries are true,  and lydens injury, then now is not the time for there to be problems with Doughty.  Have to wait and see tomorrow i guess. I would have liked to think the journo's at this mornings press conference would have been aware enough to address this, but perhaps not.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:24:07 »

Ought to buy the club off Power with all that mullah he has laying around
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:25:09 »

I am hoping its not true but I have heard this from 3 different people, surely they can't all be wrong?
Depends where they got it from. If they all got it from the same source, then actually that's just one person being wrong, but repeated by 3 people. If they all got it independently, then maybe. (This is more a reflection on sourcing of rumours tbh, rather than this one specifically)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:26:11 »

With Grant maybe having to play CB if Wellens comments on CB injuries are true,  and lydens injury, then now is not the time for there to be problems with Doughty.  Have to wait and see tomorrow i guess. I would have liked to think the journo's at this mornings press conference would have been aware enough to address this, but perhaps not.

I’m always concerned about PL loan players and whether we are going to effectively be forced to play M Smith in league games, but guess we will see tomorrow.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:28:09 »

Ought to buy the club off Power with all that mullah he has laying around

Smiley Did you mean moolah?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:28:24 »

would be disappointing if we do. Smith didn't look ready to me.

a few weeks, who knows

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:34:39 »

I’ve sacrificed my Saturday Acca by including Rochdale.

If my form from last season carries over we’re guaranteed 3 points.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: