Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34748 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:23:07 »

What a shite forum makes you appreciate ours

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:25:34 »

Hartley bloody backtracking on the defence on the wireless now! Mentioned after coming in for much criticism, that Odimayo has played well. Sorry yes we all knew there was issues but it wasn't our full strength defence (the other night). It was Hartley himself who was pressing the alarm bells with his "worrying defence" comments.

Sorry PV a I know he's your mate but it just irked me then when he spoke just now, as if everyone had been criticising the defence, yet really were quite composed and realistic about the defence that was put out. It was he who was panicking quite unnecessarily.

Anyway, we one and I think we're all pretty happy

Pint Pint Pint

So he was criticised last week for being overly negative about the defense, now he is being criticised for praising them?  The bloke can't win can he..

I didn't hear anyone panicking about the defence, either in commentary or on here..  saying that the "defence is worrying" is hardly panicking (even though I know that a lot of people didn't think the context of the personel involved wasn't taken into account when that was said).

I just still don't get the strange problem that people have with him.. and he's not my mate, never met the guy, wouldn't know him if he walked past me (social distanced).

In terms of co-commentary, there are not many other that do a dramatically better job than him, whether ex-player, journalist or bloke off of the street.  Maybe Sam Parkin, but he is a busy man.

I just have to put it down to life with STFC can't be that bad at the moment if peoples criticisms need to turn to the co-commentator on a local radio station.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #512 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:26:26 »

What a shite forum makes you appreciate ours
It is surprising the amount of shit forums out there, there are a few that are decent, both Bristols, the Pasoti, Lincoln and a couple of others, but the rest are shite, I check them all almost daily.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:29:36 »

So he was criticised last week for being overly negative about the defense, now he is being criticised for praising them?  The bloke can't win can he..

I didn't hear anyone panicking about the defence, either in commentary or on here..  saying that the "defence is worrying" is hardly panicking (even though I know that a lot of people didn't think the context of the personel involved wasn't taken into account when that was said).

I just still don't get the strange problem that people have with him.. and he's not my mate, never met the guy, wouldn't know him if he walked past me (social distanced).

In terms of co-commentary, there are not many other that do a dramatically better job than him, whether ex-player, journalist or bloke off of the street.  Maybe Sam Parkin, but he is a busy man.

I just have to put it down to life with STFC can't be that bad at the moment if peoples criticisms need to turn to the co-commentator on a local radio station.

If you listen to Hartley throughout the season year in year out he's like Hodgetts very knowledgeable and in my opinion good as a co commentator on local radio. As you said Parkin is good but I also like Alan Mac and Hockaday

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:34:10 »

It wasn't what he said, it was how he said it. In a way that it was directed towards, saying fans who had voiced concerns (and not himself).  That was my gripe. I have no issue with the man in the main and absolutely have zero issue when someone corrects their wrongs (so to speak). Did you listen to what he said post match out of interest?

But yes, this is the kind of shit we should be moaning about as it means things must be fairly decent. A bit like with our Gov. We should be moaning about maybe things like whether potholes have been filled in on the A4 instead of having zero PPE or the dismantling of our nations infrastructure but I'll leave that to the politics freddd Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:44:20 »

Get a life, man!  Jimmy and I can provide you with more shit on here, if you want. 

Is that physically possible?

Nothing to see here
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:45:43 »

No probs mate, not a lot on there TBH.
No not really, still interesting to get an alternative view though. The Bolton forum is quite entertaining at the moment!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:49:04 »

Disappointed not to see the game but delighted by the win. Having not watched it, I am not sure what we take from it, if anything, going into the next league fixture.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:52:32 »

Disappointed not to see the game but delighted by the win. Having not watched it, I am not sure what we take from it, if anything, going into the next league fixture.

I never saw the match either but plenty of positives from the radio commentary and next weeks game at Blackpool will give us an indication where we're at.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:53:59 »

take it for what it is, a good easy 3 points and a very enjoyable first half.

in the context of the wider season, obviously irrelevant.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:55:46 »

Just reflecting on life after Doughty.
With the benefit of 20:20 hindsight, d’you reckon that Wellens saw this coming some time back?
His comments this evening - nice words about MD incidentally - suggest that he saw the writing on the wall at least back to the  team’s training trip up to the north-west, and I would imagine that there could well have been clear signs of strain well before that.  If that is the case, then it explains the desire to sign Matt Smith.  Some on here (myself included) saw Smith as a strange acquisition, as he seemed to be a bit of a duplicate Doughty.  We put that aside by saying he was cover, but maybe it was a really astute bit of Power/Jewell/Wellens business, that actually relieved the pressure to stay that would otherwise have been adding to whatever has been troubling MD.

A brave decision my Michael, to tear up a contract in current circumstances, but in my book family and health always come first.  I think we have to applaud everybody involved in this - out of a difficult situation, everyone’s a winner (sort of).  Pint
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 18:04:36 »

Just reflecting on life after Doughty.
With the benefit of 20:20 hindsight, d’you reckon that Wellens saw this coming some time back?
His comments this evening - nice words about MD incidentally - suggest that he saw the writing on the wall at least back to the  team’s training trip up to the north-west, and I would imagine that there could well have been clear signs of strain well before that.  If that is the case, then it explains the desire to sign Matt Smith.  Some on here (myself included) saw Smith as a strange acquisition, as he seemed to be a bit of a duplicate Doughty.  We put that aside by saying he was cover, but maybe it was a really astute bit of Power/Jewell/Wellens business, that actually relieved the pressure to stay that would otherwise have been adding to whatever has been troubling MD.

A brave decision my Michael, to tear up a contract in current circumstances, but in my book family and health always come first.  I think we have to applaud everybody involved in this - out of a difficult situation, everyone’s a winner (sort of).  Pint

We may never know the whole story but commuting from London daily would only have made things worse and fair to the guy for putting his family first and on this occasion Bill shanklys famous quote couldn't be further from the truth

So, give no fucks
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 19:10:46 »

Very comfortable.  Too comfortable.  If I were a Rochdale fan, I'd be worried already.  Happy with that, but it's just a start.  Need signings.

I know a Rochdale fan who was worried before today.  Can't think today will have helped.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 19:25:55 »

Talking about other forums. The piss stains are tearing strips out of each other after their defeat today.

They really thought they were the dog’s bollocks.
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 20:33:06 »

I never saw the match either but plenty of positives from the radio commentary and next weeks game at Blackpool will give us an indication where we're at.

We get Blackpool away in September and there's no fans !
Damn you Covid19
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: