Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 35026 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 16:02:27 »

Statement on Doughty later..

he's gone. But it seems he has personal issues and Wellens spoke very highly of him.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 16:03:44 »

I guess at least retiring now gets his wages off the books and allows us more budget to spend. Waste of talent though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 16:09:25 »

I guess at least retiring now gets his wages off the books and allows us more budget to spend. Waste of talent though.

Not really very thoughtful if he has personal issues. Hope MD is ok more to the point.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 16:11:59 »

Doughty.

Club going to release a statement. Sounds like he is retiring by the sounds of it. Personal issues.
[/quote

He hardly need the money.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 16:14:51 »

Not really very thoughtful if he has personal issues. Hope MD is ok more to the point.
This has been a tough time for everybody.  We don’t know what is behind MD’s apparent decision to retire, but if as it seems it is personal issues rather than a falling out with Wellens, then I think we must all respect that, be grateful for what he has brought to the team during his time here, and wish him all the best for the future.  Cheers, Michael!!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 16:16:07 »

Anyone got a link for any Dale forums? JJ? I can't find any.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 16:16:32 »

This has been a tough time for everybody.  We don’t know what is behind MD’s apparent decision to retire, but if as it seems it is personal issues rather than a falling out with Wellens, then I think we must all respect that, be grateful for what he has brought to the team during his time here, and wish him all the best for the future.  Cheers, Michael!!

I know and I’m sure Theakston never meant any malice. Hope MD and the club move onwards and upwards.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 16:17:38 »

This has been a tough time for everybody.  We don’t know what is behind MD’s apparent decision to retire, but if as it seems it is personal issues rather than a falling out with Wellens, then I think we must all respect that, be grateful for what he has brought to the team during his time here, and wish him all the best for the future.  Cheers, Michael!!

Well said Geoff

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 16:40:20 »

I just meant it in the context it’s better now whilst we can do something about it rather than him deciding in October and leaving us another player short. It is a waste of a talent though and hope he doesn’t look back in a few years and wish he could have found a way to continue.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 16:45:11 »

Great result. Decent performance. Gutted about Doughty, but I hope he’s ok.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 16:51:12 »

Watched on iFollow
A good performance by Town - pressed high in 1st half, won the game and just saw the game out in the second. A lot of positives to be taken from that performance.
Disappointed to concede a late goal - eased off too much in the last few minutes.
Matt Smith man of match in my view, although good performances through the team.
So far, I like the look of Kovar - confident with the ball at his feet but doesn’t do anything stupid. Not tested too much though.
Rochdale were poor throughout - didn’t put our defence under any pressure really. They will be near the bottom unless they strengthen in the rest of the transfer window.
With only 5 subs (2 of whom were Haines and Curran) we are short of cover - hopefully having a free midweek will allow us to get some players fit and at least one or two in before next Saturday. The news about Doughty makes this even more essential now.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #506 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:13:34 »

Anyone got a link for any Dale forums? JJ? I can't find any.
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #507 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:14:31 »

Rochdale so far have won 2 out of 2 first team fixtures this season, They have beaten Huddersfield and Morecambe both away so far scoring 3 goals and conceding just 1. We by contrast have scored 4 but conceded 6 with no wins from our first 2 games. ✓ And how that was reversed today

In 22 1st team games against the Dale swindon have so far won 12, drawn 7 and lost just 3 times, scoring 43 goals and conceding 29 an overall win rate of 56%.✓ that carried on

In games at the CG between the 2 teams Swindon have won 8, drawn 1 and lost 1, scoring 23 and conceding 9 goals. A win rate of 80%✓ that carried on

Rochdale have only ever scored more than a single goal at the CG once, in their only win in 2014 a 3-2 defeat for Town with Rodgers and Smith scoring for Town and Dale getting a last minute winner.✓ that carried on

So far Swindon have never failed to score at least 1 goal in home games vs them.✓ that carried on

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:19:26 »

Cheers mate Wink
Peter Venkman

« Reply #509 on: Saturday, September 12, 2020, 17:22:09 »

Cheers mate Wink
No probs mate, not a lot on there TBH.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: