Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v WBA Under 21 - pre- and post-match  (Read 22405 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 09:36:24 »

He certainly was a few weeks back, not sure whether he's back in training yet or not. Although I suspect that's largely irrelevant if he doesn't feature in Wellens' plans anyway

Someone with the name Eddie Broadbent on the FB  said   " He had an op on his foot in July unfortunately it opened up which has delyed recovery as it needed packing out and stitching again"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 09:37:48 »

Does he have a squad number?

Have they ben announced, the official site is woefully out of date on that topic?
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 09:38:36 »

I read what people say and have a think about it.
That’s pondering the ponderables!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 09:42:25 »

Its all 'on paper' and we are up a league, so just for fun. Insufficient data.

Benda vs Kovar - Worse. BFG was flawless IMO. No idea on Kovar yet but tought act to follow
McC vs Fryer - Worse.
REG vs Odimayo - Poss worse
Anderson vs J Smith - Poss upgrade
Rose vs M Smith - Worse, but more likely to improve and be fit
Isgrove vs Payne - Similar. I think Payne has more goals in him, less skill
Doyle vs Pitman - Worse. Doyle v Doyle would be worse too. You can't have a season like that in l1
Yates vs T Smith - Poss similar
DJ vs DJ - Same

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 09:48:22 »

Broadbent hadn't been issued a squad number at the start of the week, could still happen though I suppose, once he is over his op

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 09:55:29 »

Its all 'on paper' and we are up a league, so just for fun. Insufficient data.

Benda vs Kovar - Worse. BFG was flawless IMO. No idea on Kovar yet but tought act to follow

Not against Carlisle away he wasn't!

Broadbent hadn't been issued a squad number at the start of the week, could still happen though I suppose, once he is over his op
Are the squad numbers anywhere, they aren't on the official site nor Wiki? I go back to the issue that if Broadbent has been omitted and Curren included something is going on. I wonder if this harks back to the falling out Broadbent had with Wellens as noted in the podcast.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 10:00:26 »

Are the squad numbers anywhere, they aren't on the official site nor Wiki? I go back to the issue that if Broadbent has been omitted and Curren included something is going on. I wonder if this harks back to the falling out Broadbent had with Wellens as noted in the podcast.

They have started to add them on  the official site, but they have not purged old players etc.

For example Conroy has shifted to 4 on there from 26.

I think the only unknown one at this point is Donohue (Not yet signed) and Fryer, not yet confirmed. The rest we have seen or are listed there. Broadbent is still 5. He has not been omitted and is still recovering from injury. 100% still ahead of  Curran when fit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 10:10:32 »

There you go then, I have goldfish/selective memory. I'm sure it wasn't his only less good game. A point I made with people writing Kovar off after 2 games, even though I can't think of anything he could have done beyond that Charlton one at his front post.  LMc played a bit at the start of the season while BFG bedded in too.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 10:21:47 »

There you go then, I have goldfish/selective memory. I'm sure it wasn't his only less good game. A point I made with people writing Kovar off after 2 games, even though I can't think of anything he could have done beyond that Charlton one at his front post.  LMc played a bit at the start of the season while BFG bedded in too.
Ffs guys! We are where we are.  Kovar must be seen as what he is - a young player with next to no experience, starting out on his professional career.  Not every young ‘keeper is going to be oven ready (thanks, Boris) and we’ve got to allow him time to grow into his role.  That said, every goalie needs a functioning defence in front of him, and Curran seems to have a sign on his head with a big arrow saying “goal this way”.  If our defence doesn’t tighten up then we’re going to see Kovar exposed several times in every game.  Personally I think the signs are pretty good with Kovar.  He certainly came well-recommended, and it’s totally unreasonable to be comparing him unfavourably with BFG, who we all have agreed is truly exceptional.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 10:23:09 »

^^^ nobody is disagreeing with that ^^^^

in here anyway, the FB trolls were
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 10:25:26 »

The BFG took time to settle as well. People remember him from the last couple of months but he was not as assured when he arrived or in his first few games.

Kovar looks exceptional to me. Good frame, great feet and distribution, superb confidence. He has had little change with the goals so far and hasn't really faced a typical game yet to judge his worth at claiming crosses etc.

More than happy at this point with the lad.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #341 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 10:40:11 »

Probably best to give him more than the 15 mins you granted Benda before saying he wasn't ready for the 1st X!.

I did say that and in his 1st game he looked dreadful and thanks for bothering to search back to prove a pointless point totally unconnected with my post.

I have on many occassions actually admitted I was wrong about my original assessment as KT rightly says.

it soon became evident he'd spoken too soon and rightly changed his opinion.

I have therefore did something that you have never ever done in the history of the TEF.....actually admitted you were wrong.

Thats all I need to say.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:00:51 »

The BFG took time to settle as well. People remember him from the last couple of months but he was not as assured when he arrived or in his first few games.

Kovar looks exceptional to me. Good frame, great feet and distribution, superb confidence. He has had little change with the goals so far and hasn't really faced a typical game yet to judge his worth at claiming crosses etc.

More than happy at this point with the lad.

He wouldn’t be at Manchester United and still be at Manchester United if he was shit.
That should be a decent enough reference. I know a few who actually go and watch them and they were amazed he didn’t go on loan to a Championship club.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #343 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:09:11 »

He wouldn’t be at Manchester United and still be at Manchester United if he was shit.
That should be a decent enough reference. I know a few who actually go and watch them and they were amazed he didn’t go on loan to a Championship club.
I think Kovar with the ball at his feet looks calmer and more composed than Benda, Benda looked very good but I think from what I have seen so far is that Kovars distribution is quicker and better.

As for shot stopping and commanding his box then I would suggest Kovar looks close to the same level as Benda, both big, decent handling and come out to claim crosses with ease.

I do think Kovar will get better with a better defence in front of him when Baudry/Fryers/Conroy return.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:11:02 »

I think Kovar with the ball at his feet looks calmer and more composed than Benda, Benda looked very good but I think from what I have seen so far is that Kovars distribution is quicker and better.

As for shot stopping and commanding his box then I would suggest Kovar looks close to the same level as Benda, both big, decent handling and come out to claim crosses with ease.

I do think Kovar will get better with a better defence in front of him when Baudry/Fryers/Conroy return.

Have to agree.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: