Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v WBA Under 21 - pre- and post-match  (Read 22398 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 18:17:11 »

The way I see it, and probably discussed this before, is Iandolo suffers from a few issues.  Firstly, he is strong technically, but not so great tactically.  The coaches will see his technique and think they can coach the tactical awareness into him.  Generally speaking, full backs are great positions to play players who are maybe a bit suspect tactically, or even with their technique.  A sort of hiding place in a team, and I think Iandolo has also suffered here because he is left footed.  He has never managed to convince anyone of what position he can play, has never stamped authority on what he wants to be I guess.  As a result, we try him out in positions - he's probably played four or five in his time so far.  He doesn't really get time to understand and learn the position.  Add in that he often plays alongside less experienced players, they probably have enough on their plate than to worry about coaching him through a game.  I think he is the prime example of a player who has suffered by not going out on loan.  We should have had him playing week in and week out, insisting on the position he plays as well.

My worry for him is it maybe too late now to coach what is needed in him unless we have an experienced player at left centre back.  He seems too useful to loan out and too unreliable to rely on.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 18:26:07 »

The way I see it, and probably discussed this before, is Iandolo suffers from a few issues.  Firstly, he is strong technically, but not so great tactically.  The coaches will see his technique and think they can coach the tactical awareness into him.  Generally speaking, full backs are great positions to play players who are maybe a bit suspect tactically, or even with their technique.  A sort of hiding place in a team, and I think Iandolo has also suffered here because he is left footed.  He has never managed to convince anyone of what position he can play, has never stamped authority on what he wants to be I guess.  As a result, we try him out in positions - he's probably played four or five in his time so far.  He doesn't really get time to understand and learn the position.  Add in that he often plays alongside less experienced players, they probably have enough on their plate than to worry about coaching him through a game.  I think he is the prime example of a player who has suffered by not going out on loan.  We should have had him playing week in and week out, insisting on the position he plays as well.

My worry for him is it maybe too late now to coach what is needed in him unless we have an experienced player at left centre back.  He seems too useful to loan out and too unreliable to rely on.
Good analysis.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 18:29:17 »

Due to the new government restrictions that no more than six people can meet up in one place, I have to inform you that the annual meeting of The Taylor Curran Appreciation Society planned for October will be going ahead as normal.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 19:06:06 »

Iandolo as FH says just is not a left back.

I would rather see Grant at CB alongside Odimayo if it came down to it if Baudry and fryers are not fit enough.

I would rather have Football Phil making a nuisance of himself at CB than risking Curran again.
Needs to be loaned out. That last night was a real concern allowing to get turned over virtually every time against untried 21 year old kids.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 19:23:54 »

It was unfortunate for him that he got his injury when he did. With the run of games he was having, he was beginning to have more of an impact.

Aye, agree with this. I think this is why Wellens will persist with him because he knows there is a player in there. As previously said, PV and many others too, Ian is more of a player for a position advanced up the field. With any of Donohue, Caddis or Hunt behind him he can flourish.

In part and played right he would be quite the luxury player; the trouble is, can Town accommodate a passenger type of player, especially as we're not likely to be building a team around Ian anytime soon. Different player but Keshi was a similar example of this.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 19:25:30 »

Due to the new government restrictions that no more than six people can meet up in one place, I have to inform you that the annual meeting of The Taylor Curran Appreciation Society planned for October will be going ahead as normal.

...and in a cost saving measure that has been deemed best for all parties, The Jamie Sendles-White and Harry Agombar Appreciation Societies will now also be booked into the same venue  Girl Giggle

'Incessant Nonsense'

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 19:30:20 »

Unfortunately with Iandolo he’s gone backwards as a defender. He was scared to tackle or risk being on the receiving end of a tackle prior to his injury now he barely dares go in at all as he’s obviously very wary after a bad injury so not sure he’s much use at left back currently.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 20:16:04 »

...and in a cost saving measure that has been deemed best for all parties, The Jamie Sendles-White and Harry Agombar Appreciation Societies will now also be booked into the same venue  Girl Giggle
With guest speaker, Milan Misun.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 20:16:50 »

Also at the same time!
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 20:23:08 »

With guest speaker, Milan Misun.

Live entertainment provided by Callum Rice, have it on authority it will be ' Yinka Casal & The Ever Extending Entourage'

Oh biggar, scrap that as live performance has been royally fucked over!

Also at the same time!

Aye yeah, forgot to add that  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 20:58:10 »

The way I see it, and probably discussed this before, is Iandolo suffers from a few issues.  Firstly, he is strong technically, but not so great tactically.  The coaches will see his technique and think they can coach the tactical awareness into him.  Generally speaking, full backs are great positions to play players who are maybe a bit suspect tactically, or even with their technique.  A sort of hiding place in a team, and I think Iandolo has also suffered here because he is left footed.  He has never managed to convince anyone of what position he can play, has never stamped authority on what he wants to be I guess.  As a result, we try him out in positions - he's probably played four or five in his time so far.  He doesn't really get time to understand and learn the position.  Add in that he often plays alongside less experienced players, they probably have enough on their plate than to worry about coaching him through a game.  I think he is the prime example of a player who has suffered by not going out on loan.  We should have had him playing week in and week out, insisting on the position he plays as well.

My worry for him is it maybe too late now to coach what is needed in him unless we have an experienced player at left centre back.  He seems too useful to loan out and too unreliable to rely on.

Iandolo is a utility squad man, probably quite cheap.  He hasn't played for about 9 months, so will need a bit of time to get back up to speed.

BTW, in the modern game full back is an important creative position, hence why 2 of the top 3 assist providers last season in the Prem were full backs.  TA-A is noticably not great defensively, Andrew Robertson  probably a bit better, but Liverpool were champions of Europe the season before using their attacking abilities and not worrying so much about their defending.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 21:01:26 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 21:34:00 »

Iandolo is a utility squad man, probably quite cheap.  He hasn't played for about 9 months, so will need a bit of time to get back up to speed.

BTW, in the modern game full back is an important creative position, hence why 2 of the top 3 assist providers last season in the Prem were full backs.  TA-A is noticably not great defensively, Andrew Robertson  probably a bit better, but Liverpool were champions of Europe the season before using their attacking abilities and not worrying so much about their defending.

It helps when they have the best centre back in the world playing along side them in Van Dijk.
Iandolo has Taylor Curran.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 21:38:12 »

Just for a bit of calm and context, the Man Utd u23/u21s/Reserves spanked Media City Ammies to the tune of 6 (six) goals tonight.

'Incessant Nonsense'

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 21:43:45 »

Good. Fuck those wankers.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 21:46:53 »

Indeed, the sooner the "dream" dies for the Class of '96, the sooner Sky stop tossing themselves silly over them and they will just become another soulless non-league club.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: