Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v WBA Under 21 - pre- and post-match  (Read 22280 times)
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 20:37:20 »

Obviously I don’t know the ins and outs, and without knowing what our budget is, my first thought is Wellens needs to be a bit more realistic with regards to transfers.
Power has always made sure our wage budget is affordable and we don’t overspend. So when we haven’t had any income for 6 months, what is Wellens expecting?
I can’t imagine Pitman, Grant and Fryers are cheap, so he’s clearly had a bit of money spent on wages already.

I agree.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 20:37:29 »

First time Wellens has rubbed me up the wrong way.

He's always said how well Power has backed him and now all of a sudden he appears to be criticising the recruitment? Not great before the league has even started.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 20:38:59 »

I was going to say, someone needs to let Wellens in on the secret about a worldwide pandemic pretty much ripping up the clubs income.  In all fairness though, I think he knows how to play it with the media.  Hep spent most of last season saying we were short.
Flashheart

« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 20:41:42 »

I didn't hear it, but he does like to play games.

He might have just been saying stuff for any agents that might be hearing and trying to ask for too much.
china red

« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 20:42:43 »

We have a manager who is a winner, of course he wants more and better players, he wants to challenge
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 20:43:48 »

I didn't hear it, but he does like to play games.

He might have just been saying stuff for any agents that might be hearing and trying to ask for too much.

Rob Hartley said it made the hairs stand up on his neck and described Wellens as prickly

So, give no fucks
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 20:49:58 »

First time Wellens has rubbed me up the wrong way.

Same as, quite frankly he came across as a right tit in that interview

Hopefully he’s just having one of those days
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 20:51:30 »

Hartley was a rare positive tonight - I always enjoy him on the comms. Hopefully a mainstay for the time being so we don’t have to suffer Hockaday!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 20:57:06 »

Hartley was a rare positive tonight - I always enjoy him on the comms. Hopefully a mainstay for the time being so we don’t have to suffer Hockaday!

Trolling as ever right? Listening to that commentary duo results in you having no idea what is going on?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 20:59:53 »

We have a manager who is a winner, of course he wants more and better players, he wants to challenge

Spot on.
Wellens likes a moan, nothing wrong with that and he is clearly frustrated.
Let’s hope we can get a few more in.
Flashheart

« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 21:03:51 »

Did you watch the game?

Genuine question.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 21:05:56 »

I get that but it's not Football Manager. I think all of the players we have carrying injuries were signed by him. We're not short at centre back for example but our centre backs are injury prone players, Wellens brought in two of them.

Unless he knows we've got money to spent but are holding back on doing certain deals.

Im sure it'll be alright come the end of the window.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 21:09:35 »

well, either he's been given a budget, has some left now isn't allowed to spend it

or he's being unrealistic.

no idea which
WellensOUT

« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 21:20:16 »

Kovar is the BIGGEST WASTE OF SPACE ever to wear the shirt, get that fuckshit gone.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 21:21:58 »

Wellens cannot say he hasn’t been backed this summer, not a chance in hell we would have signed Pitman, Grant, DJ etc if that was the case. To some extent he also has a hand in extending the contracts of players like Fryers who have known injury problem, when we could have released them and looked for more stable replacements..

On the flipside really all we have done is replace players we have lost, so I can understand why Wellens is looking for the extra bodies to add to the squad depth.

We are normally pretty active towards the end of the transfer window, so I am pretty confident we will get those bodies in... fingers crossed anyway!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: