Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v WBA Under 21 - pre- and post-match  (Read 22538 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 18:43:46 »

We have had 71.1% possession!

9 shots to 2

And a passing accuracy of 84%

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 18:45:23 »

Exposing Curran and Odimayo behind a midfield that strays from position so often is probably a bit of an education for them.

Think that;'s the issue today - Palmer and Smith both look like they;d fit in well with Grant.  When they get on the ball they pass it well and move well.  What they also do is get attracted to attacks at the same time and leave the midfield wide open.  Behind them you then have two defenders who do not look overly confident in their ability to dominate.

Kovar has that certain something about him, like Benda did.  I have no idea if it is well placed yet, but he certainly fancies himself.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 18:48:02 »

Exposing Curran and Odimayo behind a midfield that strays from position so often is probably a bit of an education for them.

Think that;'s the issue today - Palmer and Smith both look like they;d fit in well with Grant.  When they get on the ball they pass it well and move well.  What they also do is get attracted to attacks at the same time and leave the midfield wide open.  Behind them you then have two defenders who do not look overly confident in their ability to dominate.

Kovar has that certain something about him, like Benda did.  I have no idea if it is well placed yet, but he certainly fancies himself.

Agree with this..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 18:48:26 »

I’ve thought Palmer has been very good. Always available for the pass, distribution finding his man, grown into the game. That last move was totally down to him. Play him next to grant would be a great combination
He started really poorly but has grown into the game but I think hes playing way too deep, I would prefer him in a more advanced role like Doughty plays.

I would swap Hope and play Payne wide left and push Palmer into the attacking midfielder role and bring on Grant to give the defence more protection.

Panda Paws

« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 18:48:34 »

We have had 71.1% possession!

9 shots to 2

And a passing accuracy of 84%

Yep. Complete domination but lack of sharpness in the final third and a young, very unproven CB pairing struggling (although AO is doing OK.).
Peter Venkman

« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 18:50:26 »

Yep. Complete domination but lack of sharpness in the final third and a young, very unproven CB pairing struggling (although AO is doing OK.).
Yes which is why I don't understand why the commentators are saying we dont look very good.

Exposed at the back with 2 very inexperienced centre backs, but still creating decent chances, its not that bad surely.

Flashheart

« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 18:52:14 »

Yes which is why I don't understand why the commentators are saying we dont look very good.

I think Andrew Hawes is being led a bit in that regard.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 18:52:32 »

I don't think there will be any desire to fix the issues tonight, for all the words of taking it seriously, this is a training session.  A chance to get match minutes in some legs.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 18:54:43 »

Andrew Hawes is pretty bad regardless of who is with him. He regularly gets lots of simple things wrong like player names. Don't rate him at all.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 18:55:03 »

I think we will see DJ coming on for Hope or Payne at some point today.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 18:55:07 »

I don't think there will be any desire to fix the issues tonight, for all the words of taking it seriously, this is a training session.  A chance to get match minutes in some legs.

Yes

The tempo of the game is enough to see its very much this.
Flashheart

« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 18:55:10 »

is Caddis limping or waddling?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 18:56:57 »

Andrew Hawes is pretty bad regardless of who is with him. He regularly gets lots of simple things wrong like player names. Don't rate him at all.

Quoting myself as Hawes confuses Hope with Smith somehow, idiot.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 18:57:34 »

0-2 massive holes in the defence again at CB.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 18:57:44 »

2-0
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: