Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v WBA Under 21 - pre- and post-match  (Read 22274 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 19:15:33 »

The result is immaterial TBH anyway as we still have to face Exeter and FGR in this competition so at least another 2 matches must be played.
yeah, but hopefully not 3 matches.

got enough midweek games and a squad that may have a soft underbelly outside the main men
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 19:47:04 »

The result is immaterial TBH anyway as we still have to face Exeter and FGR in this competition so at least another 2 matches must be played.

True, but we don't want to accidentally get through. 3 games in this is bad enough.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 19:51:20 »

True, but we don't want to accidentally get through. 3 games in this is bad enough.

I bet power wants to progress

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 20:27:41 »

I hope we have no injuries, no sending off, and lose 1-0. The sooner were out of this bollocks the better.
Sending offs don’t matter as it’s such a pointless competition even bookings and sending offs don’t carry over.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 20:33:08 »

Sending offs don’t matter as it’s such a pointless competition even bookings and sending offs don’t carry over.
Oh that's something, then.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 06:05:06 »

I bet power wants to progress
Very much doubt it. It's all cost until you get to the final and an extra strain on what is likely to be an already overburdened squad. I doubt Power would be looking forward to funding an extra loan or emergency Jan signing to cover the cost of players injured in additional pointless fixtures
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 09:18:03 »

Very much doubt it. It's all cost until you get to the final and an extra strain on what is likely to be an already overburdened squad. I doubt Power would be looking forward to funding an extra loan or emergency Jan signing to cover the cost of players injured in additional pointless fixtures
I’m inclined to agree with that. It’s pretty clear that to survive in L1, given the quality of many of the other clubs, we will need a bigger and better squad than last year.  We spent a lot of last season moaning about how shitty L2 is, and now we’re out of it we must raise our standards which means spending.  I don’t see these tinpot cup comps as having any relevance for us at all this season.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 10:09:35 »

Where can we watch/listen
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 10:16:39 »

Where can we watch/listen
ifollow for watching £10 (unless IPTV has it, soapy tit wank)

bbc wilts for listening. not sure if online is blocked, probably as measure and proper cup are
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 10:59:57 »

I will have a watch later as its part of the video season ticket pass.

The result is immaterial but I am watching because I wish to see the new signings playing in a 1st team match for Swindon and because its my club of course, New signings Fryer, M Smith, Palmer, Pitman and any other players he dares play.

Although the game can be classed as little more than a friendly I still want to see the new players before they are thrown in at the deep end for the Town.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 11:01:25 »

I will have a watch later as its part of the video season ticket pass.
I'd like to say I'm boycotting it but as I can't get iFollow to work for games I have paid for, it's probably a moot point Smiley
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 11:04:15 »

I'd like to say I'm boycotting it but as I can't get iFollow to work for games I have paid for, it's probably a moot point Smiley
Maybe iFollow can just tell that you’re not interested, and saves you the bother of sitting on your arse for 90 minutes watching meaningless crap. 
Oh, sorry, that’s daytime TV. Zzz
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 11:42:42 »

Maybe iFollow can just tell that you’re not interested, and saves you the bother of sitting on your arse for 90 minutes watching meaningless crap. 
You are assuming that he/we all wouldn't be doing that even if we didn't have a game? Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 11:50:55 »

I'll probably pop it on in the background while working later.  Couldn't we magic up a little possible Coronavirus outbreak before declaring all the players tested and free?
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 12:01:12 »

You are assuming that he/we all wouldn't be doing that even if we didn't have a game? Smiley
There is always that option, of course.  After all, 9 out of 10 cats does Countdown! Yes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: