Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v WBA Under 21 - pre- and post-match  (Read 22275 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 15:34:20 »

It works, the other way round, though.  Blackpool have to field four players who previously played for Swindon.  Easy.
Not if they have to have played for us against Stoke
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 15:45:50 »

Well that's just fucking outrageous. How the bloody hell are we supposed to field four players who started for Blackpool against Stoke City or Plymouth, or who are on the list of 10 players at Blackpool with the highest number of starting appearances in first-team fixtures? Just bias, pure and simple that.
TBH it needs a bloody lawyer to see who qualifies and who doesn't going by those rules!

Its great that the EFL make it so easy to follow.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 15:47:23 »

TBH it needs a bloody lawyer to see who qualifies and who doesn't going by those rules!

Its great that the EFL make it so easy to follow.

You get penalised less in the FA Cup

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 15:51:21 »

You get penalised less in the FA Cup
For such a Mickey Mouse competition the fines are way out of all proportion to the importance of the cup.

More so at this point of the season with player fitness issues and with Covid constraints, the EFL should have just waved the rules certainly for the early stages of the competition if not got rid of the thing all together.

Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 15:54:44 »

For such a Mickey Mouse competition the fines are way out of all proportion to the importance of the cup.

More so at this point of the season with player fitness issues and with Covid constraints, the EFL should have just waved the rules certainly for the early stages of the competition if not got rid of the thing all together.
It really is crazy.  I bet every team is using these games as pre-season warm-ups. Or at least trying to!
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 16:19:38 »

And how do those bloody rules work for an Under 21 side?  I would assume that not many of their players would meet the requirements.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 16:19:59 »

So if he starts Palmer and hope, then that’s half of the qualifying players needed?

Add in pitman and then I assume one of baudry/conroy, and that’s met the bill hasn’t it?

It’s a bit of a convoluted rule, but it’s not *that* prohibitive

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 16:45:29 »

And how do those bloody rules work for an Under 21 side?  I would assume that not many of their players would meet the requirements.
They don't apply to the U21 teams. Everyone knows the rules don't apply to PL teams
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 16:52:04 »

They don't apply to the U21 teams. Everyone knows the rules don't apply to PL teams
Everyone except me, then.  Unless you’re saying that PL teams ignore all rules as a matter of course. Bastards!
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 16:59:40 »

Well - here we go, then.  WBA’s “Under 21” side has magically changed on WBA’s Home Page to “PL2” and “Under 23”.

“ALBION’S PL2 SIDE SET FOR SWINDON TEST IN EFL TROPHY

Albion Under-23s will take on Swindon Town at the County Ground in their first group game of the EFL Trophy on Tuesday night (ko 7pm).

The young Baggies have been drawn into Group E of the competition, with Exeter City and Forest Green Rovers the other two teams competing with Albion to make it to the knockout stages.

Deon Burton’s men will make their return to the tournament, which allows under-23s teams to gain experience against Football League opposition, after a season away from it.

They are in the Southern Section of the competition and will play their second group game in October, with their final group match taking place in November.“

Bastards! Cunts!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Monday, September 7, 2020, 17:18:13 by Geoff the Ref » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 17:51:03 »

Well - here we go, then.  WBA’s “Under 21” side has magically changed on WBA’s Home Page to “PL2” and “Under 23”.
They're the same thing.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 18:02:53 »

I hope we have no injuries, no sending off, and lose 1-0. The sooner were out of this bollocks the better.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 18:06:45 »

I hope we have no injuries, no sending off, and lose 1-0. The sooner were out of this bollocks the better.
The result is immaterial TBH anyway as we still have to face Exeter and FGR in this competition so at least another 2 matches must be played.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 18:21:42 »

The result is immaterial TBH anyway as we still have to face Exeter and FGR in this competition so at least another 2 matches must be played.

At least the crowds can't get any smaller😁

So, give no fucks
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 18:30:13 »

Just make sure you don’t head the ball, donkey!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: