Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Charlton Athletic pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 28872 times)
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 10:39:45 »

Good point Jed, perhaps you could book 'em?
My Red card is my weapon of choice!  Why piss about with anything yellow, I say!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 11:06:44 »

I am pretty sure quagmire is ‘mocking’ Reg a little with his comments guys.

I’m glad someone noticed!  Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #572 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 11:09:15 »

I did wonder as it wasn't in the mostly upbeat style your usual posts, but you may be going through a rough or stressful point in your life so it wasn't for us to question such a negative post Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 11:40:56 »

It was pretty obvious to me as well. A lot of people don't 'do' irony though... Roll Eyes
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 11:47:48 »

How strange.... struck me as a sensible post, pointing out some fairly obvious basics, which may or may not come into play this season. But either way perhaps will need to be considered soon, as to waht we're trying to do this season.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 12:13:39 »

It is worth remembering that last season Charlton were an established Championship team while we were an established Div2 and at times it showed. We do have a bit of ground to make up but Saturdays game was the first game in anger for us since March where as Charlton had to finish their season fairly recently. Much to early to be critical, observational certainly. RW would have learnt a great from that game, maybe more so than all the other preseason games put together. This weeks game v WBA U23’s will be another game where RW can shuffle the pack without to much pressure on the result and maybe it will give him some more options for the real test on Saturday against Rochdale.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #576 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 12:16:59 »

Saturday will indeed be the real test.

We will be up against a side that barely escaped relegation last season by the skin of their teeth.

If we can more than match them then I feel we will have a far better feel of what may happen this coming season, as you state and as I stated previously Charlton were 2 divisions higher than us only a couple of months ago and that showed, especially in their attack.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 12:20:14 »

Saturday will indeed be the real test.

We will be up against a side that barely escaped relegation last season by the skin of their teeth.

If we can more than match them then I feel we will have a far better feel of what may happen this coming season, as you state and as I stated previously Charlton were 2 divisions higher than us only a couple of months ago and that showed, especially in their attack.

Exactly.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: