Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Charlton Athletic pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29040 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 09:07:55 »

Felt his hammy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #61 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 09:11:04 »

I think that line up, although it wouldnt be an aerial threat would be a defenders nightmare.

Grant can sit and do what Grant does, Doughty won't have to move around a lot just act as playmaker and let DJ/Payne/J Smith do the leg work, all have loads of pace and close skills and Tyler up front is very fast too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 09:14:23 »

I think that line up, although it wouldnt be an aerial threat would be a defenders nightmare.

Grant can sit and do what Grant does, Doughty won't have to move around a lot just act as playmaker and let DJ/Payne/J Smith do the leg work, all have loads of pace and close skills and Tyler up front is very fast too.
Couldn’t agree more.  You have to say it looks pretty strong lineup, even without our new mystery man.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 09:20:19 »

Doughty won't have to move around a lot just act as playmaker and let DJ/Payne/J Smith do the leg work,

Whenever I read such things (and I think the same) it reinforces the strange idea in my head that Doughty is some sort of immobile veteran, he is only 27!!

As for the game itself not sure whether to watch or not as yet, depends what the family want to do, I assume with iFollow you can sign up just before kick off, although reading previous reviews of its general shiteness I fear the much increased viewership this season could just the crash the whole bloody thing!

Peter Venkman

« Reply #64 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 09:32:32 »

Whenever I read such things (and I think the same) it reinforces the strange idea in my head that Doughty is some sort of immobile veteran, he is only 27!!
Oh he is by no means an immobile veteran but moving fast is not in his game, he has never had pace but he can read a game so well and if others can do the running for him that leaves him free to start attacks.

Wellens dropped him last season for what he saw as a lack of effort, which TBF he came back and in the 2nd half of the season he was tackling players and looked the sort of all round player everyone knows he can be.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 09:35:19 »

Oh he is by no means an immobile veteran but moving fast is not in his game, he has never had pace but he can read a game so well and if others can do the running for him that leaves him free to start attacks.

Wellens dropped him last season for what he saw as a lack of effort, which TBF he came back and in the 2nd half of the season he was tackling players and looked the sort of all round player everyone knows he can be.

Good point and nobody would have dropped Hoddle in his day who never run a lot, couldn't tackle or head the ball😁

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #66 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:06:11 »

Charlton confirm some of their starting line up for the game tomorrow.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-confirms-some-of-his-starters-for-efl-cup-tie-at-swindon-town/

Charlton Athletic boss confirms some of his starters for EFL Cup tie at Swindon Town

Darren Pratley will start Charlton’s EFL Cup match at Swindon Town on Saturday.

And Addicks manager Lee Bowyer has also confirmed that Ben Amos, Alfie Doughty, Jake Forster-Caskey and Macauley Bonne will also come back into his side.

Pratley sat out Tuesday’s EFL Trophy tie at AFC Wimbledon.

But he is set to come into central defence with Charlton down to one established centre-back – Deji Oshilaja – due to injury to Jason Pearce (knee) and the exit of Tom Lockyer, who signed for Luton earlier this week.

Pratley played in the backline in Saturday’s 3-0 friendly reverse at Crystal Palace.

Bowyer is desperate to sign players but the transfer embargo means he only has one slot to fill in the 23-man squad.

“Pratley will come back in and the three lads on the bench that came on the other day will start,” said the Addicks boss. “We’ll be a lot stronger.

“But I said after the [Wimbledon] game that it’s not like we left 11 at home – we left four and two were injured.

“We’ll bring Ben [Amos] back in goal.

“[Alex] Gilbey has just been struggling with his stomach but that seems to have settled down now and we’ll see over the next couple of days if he gets through it. Chuks [Aneke] should be back training. Both of them won’t start but will hopefully be on the bench.”

Panda Paws

« Reply #67 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:27:34 »

I think Cads will be displaced when Donahue signs and everyone is fit.

Kovar
Hunt Odimayo Fryers Iandolo
    Doughty Grant Lyden
Payne        Smith            DJ       
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:29:41 »

I think the team will be ssme that started at Bristol City

So, give no fucks
Panda Paws

« Reply #69 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:30:17 »

I think the team will be ssme that started at Bristol City

RW has said Frenchie won't be risked.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:30:27 »

All over the 13/8 Swindon win on Skybet considering Charlton supposedly have half a defence and the likes of Jonny Williams away on int duty.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:33:13 »

RW has said Frenchie won't be risked.

He often says things like that

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:38:12 »

I think the nice thing to see is that we have options across the back:

RB: Caddis or Hunt
CB: Fryers, Conroy, Odimayo & Baudry (if not injured)
LB: Hunt, Iandolo or Fryers

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 12:35:48 »

Good point and nobody would have dropped Hoddle in his day who never run a lot, couldn't tackle or head the ball😁
Doughty's tackling last season, like Hoddle's, even though welcome always saw my heart in my mouth
Peter Venkman

« Reply #74 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 12:37:39 »

Doughty's tackling last season, like Hoddle's, even though welcome always saw my heart in my mouth
Doughty's tackling often led to bookings for him with poor timing, not a forte of his to say the least!

6 yellows and a red card are testiment to that!

But saying that from Christmas onwards his tackling did improve a lot.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: