Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Charlton Athletic pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29078 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #540 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 15:17:54 »

You cannot deny that Iandolo was at fault directly the for the Bonne goal, thats blatant but he was stood behind the man he was marking for the header for the 2nd goal too, nowhere near the header in the box as he put it accross for the scorer, and then for the 3rd goal he was further up field ahead of Aneke as the ball was passed to him as he scored, his defensive positioning was very poor for all 3 goals.

Sorry can't let that go.

With the greatest respect that's not how the 2nd and third goals came about. Iandolo wasn't marking the man who made the header back across the box he had a man out wide which he was in position to defend. He was drawn into the ball yes but it wasn't his man and also the scorer ran past Grant but wasn't tracked and had a free header.  For the 3rd, Aneke was man marked by our CH who was turned and nutmegged and then beat the keeper near post.   

Plenty of team defensive errors rather than Iandolo being directly responsible for all three goals.

Still all about opinions, here's to Tuesday to see if he gets another go.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 15:39:32 »

Sorry can't let that go.

With the greatest respect that's not how the 2nd and third goals came about. Iandolo wasn't marking the man who made the header back across the box he had a man out wide which he was in position to defend. He was drawn into the ball yes but it wasn't his man and also the scorer ran past Grant but wasn't tracked and had a free header.  For the 3rd, Aneke was man marked by our CH who was turned and nutmegged and then beat the keeper near post.   

Plenty of team defensive errors rather than Iandolo being directly responsible for all three goals.

The second is a little harsh as he's simply not tall enough and got out muscled

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 15:49:58 »

Sorry can't let that go.

Iandolo is a cheap utility player who can do a job anywhere down the left when needed, very much in the David Duke mould. He’s not first choice left back, probably not even second choice as defensively he isn’t the best but he is a useful squad member. He won’t play Tuesday as Wellens has said he will play a completely different XI.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 15:56:46 »

Iandolo is a cheap utility player who can do a job anywhere down the left when needed, very much in the David Duke mould. He’s not first choice left back, probably not even second choice as defensively he isn’t the best but he is a useful squad member. He won’t play Tuesday as Wellens has said he will play a completely different XI.

A good comparison from the past and Landolos strengths are definitely going forward and will only play left back as a last result

So, give no fucks
REDBUCK

« Reply #544 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 16:02:34 »

Indeed he is and Duke from memory used to get stick in a lot of games he played in, his substitutions were sometime applauded and he was sometimes booed. He however played 200+ games over 5 years.  I just didn't see the point then and i don't now although Iandolo is a way off Duke's level of stick yet.

If he plays regularly at LB because of injury then it may go that way.

Just my view. 

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #545 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 16:43:51 »

Sorry can't let that go.

With the greatest respect that's not how the 2nd and third goals came about. Iandolo wasn't marking the man who made the header back across the box he had a man out wide which he was in position to defend. He was drawn into the ball yes but it wasn't his man and also the scorer ran past Grant but wasn't tracked and had a free header.  For the 3rd, Aneke was man marked by our CH who was turned and nutmegged and then beat the keeper near post.  

I am not directly blaming him for the goals at all but I am saying he could be faulted for his play in all the goals theres a big difference.

You suggested I say he is the only one at fault he obviously isn't, but to say hes not to blame at all as you are is just not true.

He is trying to make a challenge for the player for the 2nd goal yet is behind him and trying to push him while jumping, which if he was closer to his man could easily have resulted in a penalty. Fryers too should have done much better as should Odimayo and Grant as the ball came over.

For the 3rd hes nowhere near the position he is supposed to be in leaving the attacker (who scored) in acres of space. Fryers comes over to cover his being out of position but is beaten by Aneke, again Fryers could have got a better tackle in and Kovar should probably not have been beaten at the near post but the finish by Aneke was way better than he will have been playing against, as the same applies to us as a team. He is exactly the type of striker we should be going for, something different to what we have, big strong decent in the air and agile with a decent finish on him.

Yes there were other players at fault for those 2 goals, namely Fryers but in both Iandolo had the opportunity to intercept or get into a better defensive position, which he didn't. This is certainly not the first time by any means he has been found wanting at left back something Wellens and Hunt need to work on to rely on him playing there.

And nobody is "giving Iandolo stick" as you suggest, I am pointing out his defensive frailties, as I said before, during the game when he did something well I also commented on that praising him but you only choose to see the mistakes that I mention. I just think we cannot rely on him at left back in a flat 4.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 16:46:11 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #546 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 16:57:27 »

IMHO Iandolo gets all his negative actions highlighted whereas you often skip over or give less coverage to other players.

So here is every mention of Iandolo from yesterdays game that I posted, where am I skipping over the positives to highlight the negatives?

Charlton get near our box for the first time but Iandolo clears it.

Iandolo finds Smith on the corner of the box but his shot is poor and at the keeper.

Hunt puts the free kick into the box but Iandolo is a fair way away with the header in the box.

Iandolo gives away a defensive header and puts us under pressure.

better defending header by Iandolo.

Iandolo nowhere near the through ball as it goes over Odimayos head and great finish.

Odimayo and Iandolo at fault with that, the keeper had no chance.

Iandolo is not a left back, he looks very good going forwards but he struggles defending

Iandolo intercepts a long pass and gives it straight back

Payne near post to Iandolo, good diving effort but well wide in the end.

Doughty to Iandolo down the wing, good take by Iandolo and decent hard cross but the ball goes out of play off DJ.

Iandolo wildly shoots from a wide angle, not much of a chance.

Grant gives away the ball for the first time, Iandolo blocks the shot though.

Poor pass by Iandolo when we were attacking with Payne outside.

Very poor right footed cross by Iandolo in a good position.

Better cross from Iandolo but nobody on the end of it.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 17:03:14 »

I haven't seen your match analysis before excellent attention to detail

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #548 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 17:14:16 »

I haven't seen your match analysis before excellent attention to detail
Thank you, I just post what I see Smiley

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 17:16:32 »

Thank you, I just post what I see Smiley

It must take a while to put together

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #550 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 17:19:08 »

It must take a while to put together
Not when you are bored and with no work to do Smiley

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 17:21:25 »

Not when you are bored and with no work to do Smiley

It does get boring with nothing to do even worse in the winter

So, give no fucks
REDBUCK

« Reply #552 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 19:32:10 »

PV - looks like we are going to have to agree to disagree. 

We could go round in circles but your first picture is nicely cropped to leave out the wide player that Iandolo was marking initially, his man. When the free kick is not likely to reach his man he goes in to double up against the very good target man. I'd say it's Fryers responsibility to complete better. If the header had been flicked on then having been sucked in he'd have been in the wrong position but it wasn't Fryers lost the header and Grant forgot to cover the run. 

Your second photo looks like a three on one to me i'm not sure where you think he should be, if he's back marking the CF then there are two men free, one with a chance to turn and run at Fryers. Iandolo appears to be trying to close the ball and cover the wide man at the same time. Not much midfield support.     

You see it's easy to see different outcomes, I've never said he's not a weak link and he should probably only be a utility if we can get in top div 1 players in but IMHO he gets more stick / blame than is warranted on occasions just like, as has been said elsewhere. David Duke.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #553 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 08:43:05 »

PV - looks like we are going to have to agree to disagree. 

We could go round in circles but your first picture is nicely cropped to leave out the wide player that Iandolo was marking initially, his man. When the free kick is not likely to reach his man he goes in to double up against the very good target man. I'd say it's Fryers responsibility to complete better. If the header had been flicked on then having been sucked in he'd have been in the wrong position but it wasn't Fryers lost the header and Grant forgot to cover the run. 

Your second photo looks like a three on one to me i'm not sure where you think he should be, if he's back marking the CF then there are two men free, one with a chance to turn and run at Fryers. Iandolo appears to be trying to close the ball and cover the wide man at the same time. Not much midfield support.     

You see it's easy to see different outcomes, I've never said he's not a weak link and he should probably only be a utility if we can get in top div 1 players in but IMHO he gets more stick / blame than is warranted on occasions just like, as has been said elsewhere. David Duke.
We will indeed have to disagree and thats what opinions are about Smiley everyone is entited to their own.

But you suggest that I blatantly single Iandolo out for criticism without praising is blatantly not true as I proved to you in my previous post and I think that is very unfair to accuse me of, if a player plays a bad pass then I will mention it, if I think he could do better then I will mention it, if he does well I will mention it.

There is no favouritism or enmity towards any player but you regularly percieve there is.

Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 09:00:58 »

Can we move on please?  Don’t we have a game tomorrow that we can talk about? Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: