Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TEF Karma  (Read 8645 times)
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 14:05:47 »

Right on cue....
Your wish is my command, sir!
Anyway, I started this thread and so I can fucking well say what I fucking well want.
Good afternoon, sir.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 14:07:58 by Geoff the Ref » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 14:07:21 »

So, is the karma system making a return?

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 14:16:54 »

Regretfully, if you choose to post on a football related forum, I think that you have to accept that others may not share your view of the world and it is inevitable that you will be trolled and/or abused.

Of course, I think we mostly, all accept that people will have differing views from time to time but the kind of behaviours and approach, were like the types I mentioned above.

I don't accept that the TEF is as bad as places like Twitter or FB for absolute trollsnotting. There is at least some level of decorum, even if shrouded in a swathe of testes. Which my point being I found it odd, almost unhealthy that accounts would cunt point something that had zero provocation (congratulating someone on their new child or getting a new job) and even more oddly so when there had been a prolonged hiatus. I think you're intelligent enough to understand the difference?

But only in a TEF way.   Wink

I've got used to it. Thank you  Cheesy

I used to give SRK a negative point every time I logged on, or whenever I saw him post, whatever it was. Because he irritated me, intensely. I’m 100% sure he couldn’t have given a flying fuck so it was kind of pointless.

Probably best it’s been removed to be honest.

I remember you saying BO but SRK and those similar accounts purely only posted to provoke and wind up others. Whilst I'm not a promoter of 'an eye for an eye', the known serial troll accounts (not talking posters who slip into an afternoon of trollsnottery on occasion) duly deserved a good ''cunting'' and being told that they weren't welcome. Especially when overstepping boundaries regarding racism, homophobic comments and other stuff that really should have escaped them once they left school (if they ever went). Then again, if someone is still shitting yellow at 40+ then they won't change. Unfortunately.

Why, so people can whine that they're not getting enough likes?

+1  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 14:44:16 »

I’d bring the Karma score back because in all honesty I think some posters have been writing some absolute tripe on this forum over the last few weeks and many threads have been hi-jacked and just turned into a fucking chit chat between certain members .
They’ve not even gone off topic the usual TEF way, it’s just waffling between certain posters and it always seems to be the same few.
I seem to have to scroll through a lot more bollocks than normal to actually find something related to the thread I’m in.

Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 14:48:27 »

Agreed. Can we keep transfer rumours to bloody rumours. I get all excited when I see a new post has arrived. Have we got the new striker we so badly need? No it’s some shitty chit chat bollox that only 2 people are involved in.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 14:48:54 »

I don't accept that the TEF is as bad as places like Twitter or FB for absolute trollsnotting. There is at least some level of decorum, even if shrouded in a swathe of testes. Which my point being I found it odd, almost unhealthy that accounts would cunt point something that had zero provocation (congratulating someone on their new child or getting a new job) and even more oddly so when there had been a prolonged hiatus. I think you're intelligent enough to understand the difference?

Just from my limited perspective, I was not bothered about getting c*** points even for, using that word again, benign posts.  I see it as part and parcel of posting to this type of forum - particularly as a relatively new member who is not part of the 'old TEF clique'.  

I am not sure that one's karma score was/is worth taking to heart.

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #96 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 14:54:00 »

I’d bring the Karma score back because in all honesty I think some posters have been writing some absolute tripe on this forum over the last few weeks and many threads have been hi-jacked and just turned into a fucking chit chat between certain members .
They’ve not even gone off topic the usual TEF way, it’s just waffling between certain posters and it always seems to be the same few.
I seem to have to scroll through a lot more bollocks than normal to actually find something related to the thread I’m in.

It's like one of those awkward nights out where you somehow ended up in the wrong crowd.

Stuck with characters that can't handle their booze, making jokes that aren't funny but laugh hysterically regardless while oblivious that everybody around them is bored to tears and really not having a good time. The type that think they're being cool because they're being irritating in an 'oh, what are you like?' kind of way but the reality is that they're being irritating in a 'for the love of god, PLEASE just go away', kind of way.

You know --- those nights where you are really thinking about sneaking off and going elsewhere. I've actually found myself visiting that facebook group in the last few days.

Hopefully it'll pass.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 14:56:05 »

It's like one of those awkward nights out where you somehow ended up in the wrong crowd.

Stuck with characters that can't handle their booze, making jokes that aren't funny but laugh hysterically regardless while oblivious that everybody around them is bored to tears and really not having a good time. The type that think they're being cool because they're being irritating in an 'oh, what are you like?' kind of way but the reality is that they're being irritating in a 'for the love of god, PLEASE just go away', kind of way.

You know --- those nights where you are really thinking about sneaking off and going elsewhere. I've actually found myself visiting that facebook group in the last few days.

Hopefully it'll pass.

Yes
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 14:57:48 »

wHY dOnT wE gEt AnY nEw PoStErs

Things get better but they never get good
Barry Scott

« Reply #99 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 14:59:47 »

Can we have a like option instead?  Smiley

This is what I want. I've toyed with making such a thing work, but my time bank is low at the moment and I want to migrate to a spangly new server first.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 15:01:52 »

Hopefully it'll pass.

I've done similar in my young days only it was a bird I didn't fancy so sneaked off!

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 15:02:16 »

Its not a dig at new posters though is it? It’s a dig at posters who are hijacking threads with absolute nonsense.
Flashheart

« Reply #102 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 15:07:04 »

I imagine this to be what it's like being stuck in a fucking room with Jedward.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 15:10:43 »

Is it because web forums peaked in about 2005 and the youth of today have better things to do?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 15:15:14 »

Its not a dig at new posters though is it? It’s a dig at posters who are hijacking threads with absolute nonsense.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: