Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TEF Karma  (Read 8655 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 08:28:20 »

Lolz I doubt it, more likely Look North  Wink

Think you'll find I am pretty happy to engage with anyone on here Rob T, and I'll even go out my way to help others; even those who have abused that help from time to time (I'm thinking the likes of Mother Brown and Valid Pint) but I won't let a few cunts (the non-endearing ones, not most of us on here as per) change my generally good nature.

Anyway, I have a rather thrilling story to tell you (that I know you'll be happy to read) regarding payment settlement, via the DCA of my former Electricity supplier. As you may remember this dispute was for utilities generated back in April/May 2019. JBZ may also be interested in this, seeing as you both took differing viewpoints to one another. You'll be relieved to read that I will spare you the story here but I shall post it at some point on the Trivial Things...Amuse/Smile Thread.

I await your detailed missive

Nothing to see here
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 11:31:36 »

You are all cunts - close the thread..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 11:37:10 »

You are clearly one of us!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 12:30:35 »

FWIW my Karma score is +4096 but I recall that was mainly because one of the mods, FH I recall, fucked around with it when people were kicking off.

True story, my missus went to school in Yorkshire with a kid called Luke North, what sort of a wanker of a parent does that to their kid up there.

They say mine is -1717 for similar reasons  Soapy Tit Wank

Indeed, still better than Kanye West. I did know a Julie East though but she was from Fylde...maybe her name was a cock up and it was just the direction they wanted to send her in?  Hmmm

No, this is clearly the new Scott Twine thread.

Biscuits or Oranges?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 12:34:22 »

The karma thing was being abused. Calling that out wasn't due to sensitivity or being precious. I'm not anti it, but let's see who presses which button and when. Or better still have a debate, it's a forum after all. Call them a cunt via a reply, hitting a "you're a cunt" button anonymously is a cop out really.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 12:37:05 by Arriba » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 13:06:04 »

This was my point but it seems like it was turned to me as 'you're being a soft cunt'.

I did kick off about the system but as you say, there was more to it than being a sensitive reaction. I'd much rather be called a cunt than underhandedly. It's kind of akin to the non verbal (or inaudible) bullying elements that go on at secondary school. The ones where kids will whisper to each other (they're saying nothing) but make out it is about another kid, then they'll point and laugh. It's high end cuntduggery.

The Karma then got abused by trolly types who would downvote at every opportunity (I'm talking Sir Dred Ken, Hobodan, Valid Pint, Mother Brown etc).  Then once Mods adapted Karma scores (randomly or not), to take the element away, it pretty much became more pointless. It never mattered per se but I guess if you were being down voted every time, regardless of what you posted it does become more counter-productive.

I know for certain, I would not post for a few days (this is true) and would then put one post on, almost as a test - writing something like 'oh that's great news'. Two or three cunt points would go on. Call me sad for ''testing'' that but I think those that did it were even more sad. Some did try to excuse it, saying different people read posts at different times etc, which of course is true but when you stop posting for 3 or 4 days then you know some accounts are just doing it for the saké of it.

A good tool, abused as with most half decent things. Still reckon it would have been good with a monetised element integrated in to it. Would change the dynamic and encourage people to write more engaging content but I think I remember Barry saying that he wasn't sure if SimpleMachines could facilitate it.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 13:09:50 »

This was my point but it seems like it was turned to me as 'you're being a soft cunt'.

I did kick off about the system but as you say, there was more to it than being a sensitive reaction. I'd much rather be called a cunt than underhandedly. It's kind of akin to the non verbal (or inaudible) bullying elements that go on at secondary school. The ones where kids will whisper to each other (they're saying nothing) but make out it is about another kid, then they'll point and laugh. It's high end cuntduggery.

The Karma then got abused by trolly types who would downvote at every opportunity (I'm talking Sir Dred Ken, Hobodan, Valid Pint, Mother Brown etc).  Then once Mods adapted Karma scores (randomly or not), to take the element away, it pretty much became more pointless. It never mattered per se but I guess if you were being down voted every time, regardless of what you posted it does become more counter-productive.

I know for certain, I would not post for a few days (this is true) and would then put one post on, almost as a test - writing something like 'oh that's great news'. Two or three cunt points would go on. Call me sad for ''testing'' that but I think those that did it were even more sad. Some did try to excuse it, saying different people read posts at different times etc, which of course is true but when you stop posting for 3 or 4 days then you know some accounts are just doing it for the saké of it.

A good tool, abused as with most half decent things. Still reckon it would have been good with a monetised element integrated in to it. Would change the dynamic and encourage people to write more engaging content but I think I remember Barry saying that he wasn't sure if SimpleMachines could facilitate it.

I used to give SRK a negative point everytime I logged on, or whenever I saw him post, whatever it was. Because he irritated me, intensely. I’m 100% sure he couldn’t have given a flying fuck so it was kind of pointless.

Probably best it’s been removed to be honest.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 13:32:27 »

The Karma then got abused by trolly types who would downvote at every opportunity (I'm talking Sir Dred Ken, Hobodan, Valid Pint, Mother Brown etc).  Then once Mods adapted Karma scores (randomly or not), to take the element away, it pretty much became more pointless. It never mattered per se but I guess if you were being down voted every time, regardless of what you posted it does become more counter-productive.

As usual I read your first three sentences.  Then give up.  Cunt
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 13:33:19 »

But only in a TEF way.   Wink
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 13:40:54 »

Regretfully, if you choose to post on a football related forum, I think that you have to accept that others may not share your view of the world and it is inevitable that you will be trolled and/or abused.

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 13:44:46 »

Can we have a like option instead?  Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #86 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 13:50:47 »

Can we have a like option instead?  Smiley

Why, so people can whine that they're not getting enough likes?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 13:59:53 »

I’d bring the Karma score back because in all honesty, I think some posters have been writing some absolute tripe on this forum over the last few weeks, many threads have been hi-jacked and just turned into a fucking chit chat between certain members .
They’ve not even gone off topic the usual TEF way, it’s just waffling between certain posters and it always seems to be the same few.
I seem to have to scroll through a lot more bollocks than normal to actually find something related to the thread I’m in.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 14:48:40 by Quagmire » Logged
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 14:02:43 »

In all honesty I think some posters have been writing some absolute tripe on this forum over the last few weeks and many threads have been hi-jacked and just turned into a fucking chit chat between a certain members .
They’ve not even gone off topic the usual TEF way, it’s just waffling between certain posters and it always seems to be the same few.
I seem to have to scroll through a lot more bollocks than normal to actually find something related to the thread I’m in.
My bollocks are quite satisfactory, thank you 😊
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 14:05:05 »

Right on cue....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: