Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: City friendly  (Read 16299 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 11:20:59 »

Cracking finish from Twine. A very strong pre-season showing from Twine who, given the current personnel deserves a place on the bench against Charlton at the very least.

TBH if he can't get on the bench in a league cup game there seems little point him being here (for either party)
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 11:33:42 »

He did drift out of games and it was said at the time that he didn't always show up away from home.  Obviously overlooking his threat on such days could be costly, so covering and marking him would always be a relative priority for opponents. 

Paul Reaney of the great Leeds side shut him up in an FAC 1/4 final at the CG once.

But he was discovered rather than found out at the top level, Geoff.  He scored 15 goals in 35 appearances as a winger in the top flight (to add to the 7 he had already scored for Town in 16 in the second tier).  It wasn't just the goals that continued as before however.  The Don's performances generated such excitement on a now national stage that there were tabloid calls for his England selection.  He remains a cult hero with older Palace fans to this day.

He won "goal of the season" but his performance against Man Utd was perhaps the epitome of the excitement he generated. 

Nice one, Red!  I’d not seen those highlights before.  It brought back just how good he was, and that he was more of a team player than I remember.  And on a ploughed field as well!  Let us just agree that The Don was very special indeed! Clap
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 11:42:47 »

Nice one, Red!  I’d not seen those highlights before.  It brought back just how good he was, and that he was more of a team player than I remember.  And on a ploughed field as well!  Let us just agree that The Don was very special indeed! Clap

Fantastic player and what would he be worth now🤔

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 11:42:53 »

I think its safe to say that his like has only really been seen twice in our 140 year history, the other being the great Harold Fleming.

It took 30 years to find Harold, it then took another 50 years to find Rogers, we are about due another one now.....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 11:48:05 »

I think its safe to say that his like has only really been seen twice in our 140 year history, the other being the great Harold Fleming.

It took 30 years to find Harold, it then took another 50 years to find Rogers, we are about due another one now.....

It’s Scott Twine!!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 12:48:08 »

It’s Scott Twine!!

You get a Yellow card for that and I'm not even a ref! Everyone knows that he's already been and gone...it was of course Jamie Sendles-White  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 13:10:06 »

You get a Yellow card for that and I'm not even a ref! Everyone knows that he's already been and gone...it was of course Jamie Sendles-White  Wink
So, are you saying we’ve got to wait another 50 years? I won’t have any puff left to blow my whistle by then.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 13:46:49 »

Given our recent signings, Tom Smith's time has finally come, the Ginger Bobby Charlton.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 13:59:35 »

Given our recent signings, Tom Smith's time has finally come, the Ginger Bobby Charlton.

Clap
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: