Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: City friendly  (Read 16749 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, August 29, 2020, 17:09:14 »

He was on the bench for the City game (first post on page 1)

I know, I was questioning why he was reported to have scored our second goal against Brentford B!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, August 29, 2020, 17:09:45 »

I thought that but he’s just joined Carlisle on loan apparently. Mind you, the report also said Archie Matthews scored
He joined Carlisle on loan 2 years ago, are you sure?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, August 29, 2020, 17:16:48 »

Not really
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, August 29, 2020, 17:28:32 »

He joined Carlisle on loan 2 years ago, are you sure?
He went there on loan on in 2018 and broke his leg. He's coming back from injury and went on trial to Carlisle. Played 60 mins in a 4-2 loss against Fleetwood. Think he let all 4 in.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Panda Paws

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, August 29, 2020, 18:17:01 »

It was Fryer. It’s literally listed underneath on the quoted report from the Brentford site.
Delboy

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, August 29, 2020, 18:18:51 »

https://www.facebook.com/bristolcityfc/videos/313501076537219/
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, August 29, 2020, 18:23:14 »

As mentioned previously, I am a fan of the kit worn by the home team.

Nothing to see here
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, August 29, 2020, 18:39:55 »

Hope and Twine sounds like a pub.

It does you’re right. Well there is a Hope and Anchor not far from you 😉
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, August 29, 2020, 20:10:55 »

That’s a good finish from Payne. If City had scored that, I’m pretty sure it would have been described in a more positive tone than “soft”. I’ve visited OTIB a bit this week after the Smith signing, and have been quite surprised by the fact they (a) think that we think they’re big rivals (!) and (b) think they’re a big deal in the Championship. They’re notable only for being one of the biggest cities in the UK to never have PL football, despite having a benefactor like Lansdown. They could do with getting over themselves.

Also interesting that Hunt and Iandolo started at full back. I would have had Fryers and Caddis, and am not a fan of Caddis with Hunt, as it lacks balance. Maybe Caddis has dropped down the pecking order.... maybe RW rates Iandolo? Guess we’ll find out next week.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, August 29, 2020, 20:16:22 »

Richie was quite clear on TofTT earlier in the week that we should not read anything into team selection for the two games, except that the team for Bristol would be stronger. 
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, August 29, 2020, 20:36:53 »

Considering Town's goal was considered soft (it was actually a clever bit of awareness by Payne, in regards to keeper positioning and if he can reproduce that in a league match then he'll cause teams problems), what in the fuck was Brizzle's goal considered as then? Surely theirs was as soft as they come?!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, August 29, 2020, 20:45:12 »

It's funny because many City fans would disagree but a lot of the time the Bristol Post is essentially what many wanted the Adver to be for Town; Rose-tinted propaganda. The Post is not very impartial when it comes to its local clubs.

...and boy-oh-boy do they ever love a click-bait article.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, August 29, 2020, 20:51:48 »

It's funny because many City fans would disagree but a lot of the time the Bristol Post is essentially what many wanted the Adver to be for Town; Rose-tinted propaganda. The Post is not very impartial when it comes to its local clubs.

...and boy-oh-boy do they ever love a click-bait article.

That's once you get past the advertisements and Bristol Rovers bias hence why city fans call it the evil post

So, give no fucks
Panda Paws

« Reply #103 on: Saturday, August 29, 2020, 22:02:23 »

That’s a good finish from Payne. If City had scored that, I’m pretty sure it would have been described in a more positive tone than “soft”. I’ve visited OTIB a bit this week after the Smith signing, and have been quite surprised by the fact they (a) think that we think they’re big rivals (!) and (b) think they’re a big deal in the Championship. They’re notable only for being one of the biggest cities in the UK to never have PL football, despite having a benefactor like Lansdown. They could do with getting over themselves.

Also interesting that Hunt and Iandolo started at full back. I would have had Fryers and Caddis, and am not a fan of Caddis with Hunt, as it lacks balance. Maybe Caddis has dropped down the pecking order.... maybe RW rates Iandolo? Guess we’ll find out next week.

Fryers is a CB. RW has said as much.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, August 30, 2020, 07:26:54 »

Considering Town's goal was considered soft (it was actually a clever bit of awareness by Payne, in regards to keeper positioning and if he can reproduce that in a league match then he'll cause teams problems), what in the fuck was Brizzle's goal considered as then? Surely theirs was as soft as they come?!
It looked like a Grant OG to me plus RW said we were down to 10 men on ToTT.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: