Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Melksham Town v Swindon Town: Matchday Fred  (Read 8932 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 09:20:09 »

I guess he just means that Inzaghi was a pure poacher rather than a forward who contributed much in buildup play. Plenty of examples of those across the leagues (some chap with ginger hair did alright last season).

I would imagine the fact that despite his long standing and successful career Inzaghi never seemed to understand the offside rule worked would also be a contribution factor to the suggestion that he didn't really know how to play.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 09:39:37 »

Just to clarify my Inzaghi ref. He was renowned for not being able to trap a ball or kick it very far in training. Most of his goals were in the penalty area, quite often scuffed off his shins. However, he is the textbook example of someone who had no right to be a footballer but had an amazing career. From what I have witnessed, Twine offers nothing in the build up of play and does not create chances but has scored goals. So give him a chance up front. You never know.

If you would like to hear more about Pippo, James Richardson does an Italian football podcast and has a whole episode dedicated to him. 
china red

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 09:56:21 »

Just to clarify my Inzaghi ref. He was renowned for not being able to trap a ball or kick it very far in training. Most of his goals were in the penalty area, quite often scuffed off his shins. However, he is the textbook example of someone who had no right to be a footballer but had an amazing career. From what I have witnessed, Twine offers nothing in the build up of play and does not create chances but has scored goals. So give him a chance up front. You never know.

If you would like to hear more about Pippo, James Richardson does an Italian football podcast and has a whole episode dedicated to him. 

Yeah just go and look at his highlights reel, he had no technique, but he scored all sorts of goals, outside the box, inside the box, taking it past people, overhead kicks
REDBUCK

« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 09:56:41 »

Indeed the 80% quota seems to be on the rise today
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 10:03:25 »

I guess he just means that Inzaghi was a pure poacher rather than a forward who contributed much in buildup play. Plenty of examples of those across the leagues (some chap with ginger hair did alright last season).

He was an old school goal hanger just like Lineker and knew where to be in and around the six yard box

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 10:54:14 »

For those who went, how did Johnston (youth player, came on second half) get on?
Walthams

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 11:21:06 »

Provocative  Wink

God didn't do headers, tackling or tracking back.

However his mere presence also prevented one or two opponents from doing anything all game while they minded him. 

When he slipped them, there'd be goals and assists and often win bonuses for his team mates.

The buzz/noise would rise as soon as Don got the ball. Great days.
How many supporters did we lose when he left for Palace, the gates dropped.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 23:06:08 »

Does anyone know what the score was?  

Were you temporarily hacked by STFCNo1Fan?  Girl Giggle

Thanks for the thoughts boo, having a week break while in Scotland but keeping an eye on stuff Smiley

Ahh nice one. I know you'd mentioned Belgium. Enjoy mate, do keep an eye on the Fridge loving Russian boy whilst you're there....unless you're something to do with that boat?!  Hmmm

Oh and cheers for the heads up Mr Batch.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 23:09:08 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 10:37:16 »

The buzz/noise would rise as soon as Don got the ball.....
5 minutes to go, the result still uncertain, he'd get the ball out wide on the halfway line, in a little space but still with defenders blocking his progress and there'd be the kind of expectant buzz you get when a normal player is clean through on goal. 

And in terms of outcome, rightly so.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: