Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Melksham Town v Swindon Town: Matchday Fred  (Read 8933 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, August 25, 2020, 22:12:25 »

Ok we get the idea that you pair dont rate him but what was the final score.

If your at the game, then your PV reporting skills need working on
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, August 25, 2020, 23:26:53 »

Talking of PV, I hope he is alright? Haven't heard from him on here for a little longer than normal.

Btw, FT 1-1.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 06:57:48 »

I think PV is on his holibobs
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 06:58:55 »

Thanks for the thoughts boo, having a week break while in Scotland but keeping an eye on stuff Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 07:11:51 »

Agreed, roughly 5 years since he made his debut and doesn’t seem to have progressed at all. Flatters to deceive in friendlies against non league clubs or where it’s slow tempo and he has plenty of time. Still can’t ever remember him making an impact off the bench.

He managed to stick around for 5 years under various managers. Yet doesn’t appear to put up to nor have we seen any improvement.

It’s all very Michael Pookish
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 07:29:32 »

Some thoughts from last nights game.

Twine offers nothing as a right sided forward and I doubt can cut it in league 1 or 2. However, due to the goals we should give him a go up top. There have been strikers who carved out a good career in football despite not being able to actually play. The textbook example being Inzaghi. If Twine carry’s on scoring in the league then you can’t leave him out. I doubt it though.

Reid has no place on a football pitch. Terrible.

Hope did not stand out either and you would have thought should be bossing it at this level. Not convinced he will be here by October.

Sesay didn’t have much to do but did miss a couple of easy balls that could have led to goals if the opposition had been better.

Matt Smith and Lyden were clearly a cut above. Smith will fit nicely in the midfield and can pass with both feet. He sprayed some good balls around  and I think will be a really positive addition.

Does anyone know anything about the lad Holland. Seemed to do ok and worth another look if he’s on trial.

The rest meh.

MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 07:30:22 »

HOW VERY DARE YOU!

He managed to stick around for 5 years under various managers. Yet doesn’t appear to put up to nor have we seen any improvement.

It’s all very Michael Pookish

I used to be Fatbury
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 07:38:50 »

Does anyone know what the score was? 
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 07:58:42 »

Holland is a first year pro
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 08:20:14 »

Does anyone know what the score was? 

1-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 08:28:14 »

Holland was the pick of the youths for me. Not that that says much

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 08:36:00 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/holland---ive-always-felt-like-swindon-suited-my-style
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 08:36:27 »

Some thoughts from last nights game.

Twine offers nothing as a right sided forward and I doubt can cut it in league 1 or 2. However, due to the goals we should give him a go up top. There have been strikers who carved out a good career in football despite not being able to actually play. The textbook example being Inzaghi. If Twine carry’s on scoring in the league then you can’t leave him out. I doubt it though.

Reid has no place on a football pitch. Terrible.

Hope did not stand out either and you would have thought should be bossing it at this level. Not convinced he will be here by October.

Sesay didn’t have much to do but did miss a couple of easy balls that could have led to goals if the opposition had been better.

Matt Smith and Lyden were clearly a cut above. Smith will fit nicely in the midfield and can pass with both feet. He sprayed some good balls around  and I think will be a really positive addition.

Does anyone know anything about the lad Holland. Seemed to do ok and worth another look if he’s on trial.

The rest meh.

Genuinely intrigued by the Inzaghi comment. Admittedly I was young when I watched Inzaghi play so don't recall his style too well, but if 'carving out a career' means winning Serie A three times along with two Champions Leagues and a World Cup, and scoring roughly 0.4 goals per game for club and country along the way, I guess he did alright.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 08:54:35 »

I guess he just means that Inzaghi was a pure poacher rather than a forward who contributed much in buildup play. Plenty of examples of those across the leagues (some chap with ginger hair did alright last season).
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 09:07:47 »

Neither did a Don Rogers.
Provocative  Wink

God didn't do headers, tackling or tracking back.

However his mere presence also prevented one or two opponents from doing anything all game while they minded him. 

When he slipped them, there'd be goals and assists and often win bonuses for his team mates.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: