Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: See Town live in the flesh this Saturday  (Read 16020 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 20:36:13 »

Quote from: tans
So Tyler Reid got hauled off after 30 mins, got told to get a shower, and left the ground before the final whistle apparently.

you'd think his time here was done.

But didn't Woolery do something similar once, and come back from it
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 21:13:26 »

Maybe he had to be somewhere or a call came through regarding a loan, family emergency, anything?!

And no, not a Stephen Ireland type family emergency  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
HorlocksLegs

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 11:39:10 »

Highlights from yesterdays game

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 11:54:44 »

Highlights from yesterdays game

Can’t really tell much from that but first half it seemed to be our left where we had issues. Hunt looked off the pace and Twine was a liability culminating in giving away a stupid penalty. As to be expected Matthews looked like a kid in goal and got nowhere near any of their goals.
On the flip side Hope is always in there coming in at the back post grabbing a couple as a result, still think he would be useful to have as part of the squad.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 13:35:46 »

"part of the squad"? Don't really see why he shouldn't be given the chance as a starter. Done nothing wrong.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 13:49:42 »

And hope seems to be our only attacking player with any aerial threat. We are gonna need that as, like it or not, there will be high balls occasionally. 
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 14:32:01 »

"part of the squad"? Don't really see why he shouldn't be given the chance as a starter. Done nothing wrong.
Because he’s been linked with a move away and many seem nonplussed for him to leave. I think he’d be a useful squad player, obviously a far superior option to say Twine and we are obviously short of attackers currently.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 14:40:06 »

You have a point but I think it's been mentioned several times that Hope was only really brought in as a sort of Plan B/back up if ED or JY didn't come back. Both did of course.

But yes he has shown he can poach and get in decent positions, a few with his head too. Of the game time he got with us in the League last season, his record is not bad. I don't think he brings much more to his game but if playing as a forward and notching a goal or two when you play...well there isn't much more to ask of him.

Still think people are right in thinking he is a good squad player to have, who may well force his way into the regular starting XI. I would be worried if RW was pinning hopes on Hallam to be our main striker. I don't think that is his plan and listening to ToTT yesterday (again pinche of salt required), RW did allude that Hope wouldn't go anywhere unless new heads came in. You can read that two ways;

If we get no one in (very unlikely) Hope will not go to Vale or elsewhere.
or
Once new targets have been secured and agreed, Hope will go out on loan or be sold (possibly to Vale).

He may even start the season but he might not be with us b the time the transfer window has shut. I think we can take a positive either way. If he stays he is a good squad player who could force into regular plans, if he goes we have added more to our squad that are regarded better by RW.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 14:47:36 »

You have a point but I think it's been mentioned several times that Hope was only really brought in as a sort of Plan B/back up if ED or JY didn't come back. Both did of course.

But yes he has shown he can poach and get in decent positions, a few with his head too. Of the game time he got with us in the League last season, his record is not bad. I don't think he brings much more to his game but if playing as a forward and notching a goal or two when you play...well there isn't much more to ask of him.

Still think people are right in thinking he is a good squad player to have, who may well force his way into the regular starting XI. I would be worried if RW was pinning hopes on Hallam to be our main striker. I don't think that is his plan and listening to ToTT yesterday (again pinche of salt required), RW did allude that Hope wouldn't go anywhere unless new heads came in. You can read that two ways;

If we get no one in (very unlikely) Hope will not go to Vale or elsewhere.
or
Once new targets have been secured and agreed, Hope will go out on loan or be sold (possibly to Vale).

He may even start the season but he might not be with us b the time the transfer window has shut. I think we can take a positive either way. If he stays he is a good squad player who could force into regular plans, if he goes we have added more to our squad that are regarded better by RW.

Good post and I'm with you thinking that he is no more than a squad player and would struggle against better league one defenders if he was the main striker and probably the reason he's lingered in league 2 for most of his career.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: