Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football Blackjack  (Read 2685 times)
Panda Paws

« on: Wednesday, August 19, 2020, 08:29:40 »

Mentioned this last year too - great fun and a decent whack of cash up for grabs. Below is copied from an email. I am not Adam.

----

It's a short break this year and we are just 1 month away from the return of the Premier League and Football Blackjack!

Last year's 6 winners split the £1,680 pot, collecting £280 each after a dramatic final day.

This year I'm hoping we can get that pot even bigger.
---
How To Play

The format is the same as last year, but for the benefit of newcomers it's very simple;

- You have to pick four players whose total goals in the 2020-21 Premier League will add up to 21.
- All four players must score at least once for your entry to become valid.
- Any valid entry with a total of 21 goals will win/split the pot. If you go over 21 goals you are bust.
- If no-one manages to get 21, the highest valid score (ie all 4 players score at least one) without going bust will win/split the pot.
---
How To Enter

1. Fill out this Football Blackjack Google Form before 11pm (UK time) on Thursday 10th September 2020.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf6h76CZXRKliACKgk9gq4HJuMywHgkSwvP-CKicQbIBTjMrg/viewform

Choose 4 players whose total goals in the Premier League 2020/21 season will add up to 21. Each player must score at least once for your entry to be valid. If your players combine to score more than 21 goals your team has bust. Any team(s) finishing on 21 will win/split the pot. If no-one manages this, the closest valid team(s) to 21 without going bust will win/split the pot.

2. Get £10 to me before the season starts, through one of these 3 methods.
i) Bank transfer (Sort code 11-73-62 Account number 29752268; if you have different account details for me, I still have that account and they will work fine too)
ii) Paypal https://www.paypal.me/AKSgames
iii) Revolut (using phone number +1 702 929 8248)

If you get your entry /payment in late I will try to accommodate you, but if I have already sent out the e-mail informing everyone of all the entries then I will not accept your entry.
---
Other Information

Entering more than one team is fine, as long as you pay £10 and submit a google form for each entry.

If you send in a team before Thursday 10th September at 11pm, you are welcome to change it up until this date, but after this it is locked down. Once the season starts, I know there is a risk that one of your players may break his leg in the first game or get transferred to the Chinese Super League; just try not to be unlucky.
I cannot stress this enough. Anyone willing to pay is welcome to play.

I will send monthly e-mail updates throughout the season; if you want more frequent information then follow @FBBlackjack on twitter.

Thanks,

Adam
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2020, 08:35:04 »

Thanks for the link,  sounds interesting,  think I'll give it a go.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2020, 09:33:28 »

Thanks for the link,  sounds interesting,  think I'll give it a go.

Nice little change on the usual season bets, and no bookies involved. Win/Win! The pot is really growing year on year, was £800 two seasons ago when a mate of mine won it on his own and then used the cash for an engagement ring!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2020, 09:35:46 »

that does sound good. I can't be worse at this than fantasy football/the bookies
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2020, 09:37:30 »

Thanks for the info Adam.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2020, 20:57:54 »

...£800 two seasons ago when a mate of mine won it on his own and then used the cash for an engagement ring!

Wiser investments are available  Wink

Cheers Adam.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: