Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iFollow renewal subscription  (Read 10067 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 15:39:32 »

Just got email from iFollow. Next season’s ST has gone up from €130 to approx €152 (£140).

Just to let people know it’s an automatic renewal. Presume day passes will increase, too.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 07:33:42 »

Given the current situation I wonder whether they will offer ST packages to people living in the UK?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 07:54:35 »

I got the email too, they will take the money on the 1st September.

Wonder if we will get any pre season friendlies?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 08:12:23 »

I got an email, the UK based season pass is £45. Think that's audio only, I guess they'll want more if they end up with more streaming.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 08:33:03 »

I got an email, the UK based season pass is £45. Think that's audio only, I guess they'll want more if they end up with more streaming.
Last season the audio pass was about 1/4 the cost of the video games, it was also cheaper to watch from abroad than the UK so I would imagine a full season pass if they all in the UK will be near £200.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 13, 2020, 00:29:29 »

Last season the audio pass was about 1/4 the cost of the video games, it was also cheaper to watch from abroad than the UK so I would imagine a full season pass if they all in the UK will be near £200.

Thankfully, I happen to be abroad most weekends when the football season is in process. So strange how it always correlates  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 13, 2020, 06:10:02 »

Does anyone know what cut the club gets from iFollow subs? They need *some* income, and this is about as close as they’re going to get isn’t it. 100 iFollow annual subs x 10% is about one average L1 players weekly wage....
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 13, 2020, 07:04:38 »

Does anyone know what cut the club gets from iFollow subs? They need *some* income, and this is about as close as they’re going to get isn’t it. 100 iFollow annual subs x 10% is about one average L1 players weekly wage....

This is what the email says:

iFollow is the official streaming service of Swindon Town, with at least 70% of the net revenue from your purchase going directly back to support your club.

Probably use a similar ratio of BS to the TEF though, so not sure how true that is..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 08:51:16 »

Latest from the EFL on how iFollow coverage will operate.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/august/all-sky-bet-efl-matches-available-on-tv-or-online/

The OS has also just posted this.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 08:54:55 by Private Fraser » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 09:00:36 »

This is what the email says:

iFollow is the official streaming service of Swindon Town, with at least 70% of the net revenue from your purchase going directly back to support your club.

Probably use a similar ratio of BS to the TEF though, so not sure how true that is..

70% of net revenue from a £10 match pass equates to £5.83 if I've done my sums correctly. Much lower than the revenue for a ticket but I suppose it's much better than nothing. Also gives exiled supporters like myself a chance to watch Saturday games when we usually wouldn't be able to, so a little financial bonus there for the club perhaps.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 09:03:14 by reeves4england » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 09:56:18 »

Funny thing for exiled fans like me this will probably mean me watching more games than ever before!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 10:09:17 »

What's not 100% clear is whether the EFL are charging clubs to provide games for season ticket holders. Or whether they are waving the fee.

You'd assume the latter, but its the EFL.

It's the BIB:

In addition, Season Ticket holders will, under the newly agreed framework, be provided access to all HOME GAMES, subject to the agreement of the Club where the supporter holds a season ticket

« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 10:11:27 by Batch » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 10:19:08 »

What's not 100% clear is whether the EFL are charging clubs to provide games for season ticket holders. Or whether they are waving the fee.

You'd assume the latter, but its the EFL.

It's the BIB:
I see a couple of potential reasons for that... it could be as you say that there is a fee involved. Alternatively, it could be that some clubs want to milk iFollow for all its worth, and will know that those most likely to want to watch are those who are willing to fork out hundreds on a season ticket.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 10:33:37 »

Alternatively, it could be that some clubs want to milk iFollow for all its worth, and will know that those most likely to want to watch are those who are willing to fork out hundreds on a season ticket.

Are you suggesting clubs may force season ticket sales through ifllow exclusivity.  That would be scandalous, and also wouldn't work as away fans are able to buy £10 passes. Easy to create 23 accounts with a single long gmail address and save a whack Smiley
Panda Paws

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 10:36:00 »

Fingers crossed its still a fiver for fans “abroad”.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: