Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help needed composite door recommendations  (Read 2189 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 10:20:05 »

....As above any recommendations who to use/avoid?? Abuse welcome
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 10:32:55 »

Safestyle UK did a good job for me, reasonably priced. Having to go through the sales patter though was fucking purgatory.

Heard mixed comments re Grime2Shine, though they did a conservatory for us which was good.

Avoid getting a "cheap" door online and having a chippy/tradesman fit it - never as good/clean job in my experience as when you have the blokes who just fit doors and windows all day long doing it.

No one kills a thread like me....
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 10:37:40 »

I used a local company, DA Windows for our composite door a couple of years ago, their details can be found here:
http://www.doubleglazingswindon.co.uk/

It's a guy and his Dad who run it. His Dad is getting on a bit now, but still pops round straight away for any odd jobs (windows/handles need replacing/repairing, etc).

Can recommend them.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 11:09:34 »

Kingfisher on Great Western Way, family run business that's been around for decades and will do a decent job.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 11:25:23 »

try Halo Windows, it is run by one of my former colleagues from when I used to work in the double glazing industry, he is really good. The guys name is John, I would recommend him and would also choose him to fit any thing I need doing.

www.http://www.halowindowsswindon.co.uk/
Barry Scott

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 11:27:25 »

I used a local company, DA Windows for our composite door a couple of years ago, their details can be found here:
http://www.doubleglazingswindon.co.uk/

It's a guy and his Dad who run it. His Dad is getting on a bit now, but still pops round straight away for any odd jobs (windows/handles need replacing/repairing, etc).

Can recommend them.

I second DA windows, couldn’t say a bad word about them.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 13:27:50 »

Howdens Kembrey park would probably be the best bet for a door. Secure Ironmongery just round the corner from them are really good for any handles, locks, hinges etc. They have STFC memorabilia behind their trade counter too!
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 18:23:38 »

Been offline for a while so sorry about the delay. Thanks for the recommendations. Went with safestyle in the end who did a great job (hopefully can tell you that in 10 years too when guarantee up) Salesman was cheese on a stick but ain’t they all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: