Poll
Question: Decent performance today but do we have enough in the locker to stay up?
Yes, comfortably
Yes, just
No
Fuck yeah!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will we stay up?  (Read 10234 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 19:35:48 »

I accepted relegation a while back to be honest. The signings / loan returns have given me a bit of hope but I still think we'll fall short when it comes to it due to our leaky defence.
I think our leaky defence will be very different over the next few weeks. Can realistically only see Conroy as our current defender playing, even he has only played one game there this season. I think we will be staying up
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 10:16:36 »

I hope so mate!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 23:02:29 »

Hell yes.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 06:25:51 »

We now need to hope that the season isn't curtailed in the next month and that we can pull out some more results against the top teams. We need to get out of the relegation places in case PPG becomes the means of determining the season. At this point in time we are screwed!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 07:00:04 »

Not really. There’s too few games played to use ppg. I think the mooted cut off point is about 33-35 games played before they’d use ppg again.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 10:40:55 »

I am hearing that the leagues 1 and 2 could be suspended very soon in line with the Scottish lower leagues, suspended until competion at a later date.

I hope not just as we looked a capable team again.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 10:52:12 »

At the moment the season is due to end early May with Euro 2021 starting 11 June. Some clubs are 3/4/5/6 games behind schedule already. Shutting down even for a month will see those clubs with another 6-8 games to fit. Chuck in the FA Cup games and that is a mighty build up of games.

My worry is that once suspended it will be difficult to restart again. Could see the whole shebang being binned if a shiny, new, Covid-free season is to start in August.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 11:05:15 »

If the season does get paused it should be divided in two mini leagues, a top and bottom, which concludes with two round robins of games being played at a neutral venue

Allows for some kind of final league positioning on merit and an even playing field. Teams are pretty much where they deserve to be at this point in the season - there may be some at the top of the bottom half who would quibble but realistically they’re unlikely to make a play off push now anyway.

Fuck it, adopt that system and make 13th place an additional wildcard playoff place. Get full buy in. Profit

Things get better but they never get good
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 14:58:40 »

At the moment the season is due to end early May with Euro 2021 starting 11 June. Some clubs are 3/4/5/6 games behind schedule already. Shutting down even for a month will see those clubs with another 6-8 games to fit. Chuck in the FA Cup games and that is a mighty build up of games.

My worry is that once suspended it will be difficult to restart again. Could see the whole shebang being binned if a shiny, new, Covid-free season is to start in August.
I'd guess it's too early at present to use ppg, if they did stop now they'd probably try to complete it later. If so we could lose any momentum the Ipswich win might have brought. There were some odd scores when the Premier and Championship resumed last summer
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 15:07:44 »

with 4 points from 18 , I don't think loss of momentum is much to worry about. Though I know what you mean.

if there's even a hint of the leagues being suspended what do cubs do? wait until the end of January? carry on regardless?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: