Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Music That Has Helped You  (Read 1342 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« on: Friday, July 31, 2020, 08:30:07 »

Following on from the discussion in the Anxiety thread about how music has helped - I thought it would be a good idea to share music that has helped us all.
That may be at times of grief, depression or even music that has helped us sleep.

I will start off with a couple:-

I don’t know why, but this is always my go to song when I’m feeling down.

This is the song I listen to most evenings when struggling to sleep.

smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 31, 2020, 08:42:41 »

I'm one of the lucky ones who has never really had to deal with depression or anxiety myself, although I've been around it for a good portion of my life and I know how hugely important music can be in helping ease people through it. However, when I do get my low patches there is one guy I seem to gravitate towards, and that's Buckethead. Here is my favourite song of his

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 31, 2020, 18:08:37 »

On Fire by Sebadoh. I think it's a pretty underrated track anyway. Honest lyrics, even if they aren't what people want to hear. It's not that it's a fairly sad song, I think it is the fact that the writer (Lou Barlow) is totally open. There's no bullshit and I think you (I) need that when I feel like shit. His voice reminds of Nick Drake in this, who I've enjoyed for a long while now (discovered his music at about 16). Which will come as no shock as I also enjoy Elliott Smith's music too.

You would not really think On Fire was written in '96, amongst all the grunge, indie and 'Three Lions'. To me it's rather a timeless track, I slip the headphones on and turn it up Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 1, 2020, 00:01:13 »

Reading's finest are recommended for pain relief.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: