Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rarmani Edmonds - Green  (Read 5237 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 16:33:09 »

Thanks for your comments - much appreciated. I suspect that Red Frog has issues ... We DO get parachute payments but they're going to the previous owner - he wasn't quite the selfless saviour we thought he was !

Good luck for next season !

That's pretty mad that people can get away with doing that! Fit and proper my backside.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 16:34:50 »

Thanks for your comments - much appreciated. I suspect that Red Frog has issues ... We DO get parachute payments but they're going to the previous owner - he wasn't quite the selfless saviour we thought he was !
So parachute payments with strings attached?

.... I'll get me coat.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 16:47:02 »

That's pretty mad that people can get away with doing that! Fit and proper my backside.

Leveraged buy outs are pretty common in business and seem to be getting more popular in football, especially with the Premier League guarantee of income you get.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 21:17:40 »

Why has no one called him a cunt yet?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 22:38:14 »

Why has no one called him a cunt yet?

You do it, you cunt  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, July 30, 2020, 05:53:28 »

Leveraged buy outs are pretty common in business and seem to be getting more popular in football, especially with the Premier League guarantee of income you get.
That’s how Donald Duck and Charlie Meth-head bought Sunderland.

I know the EFL get stick for their flawed fit and proper persons test, but what’s the alternative if these types are the only party in town?

How the lot that bought Charlton for £1 and provided no proof of funds got through the net is baffling. Same fella who screwed Bolton is involved - that should have raised the alarm.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, July 30, 2020, 08:42:27 »

That’s how Donald Duck and Charlie Meth-head bought Sunderland.

I know the EFL get stick for their flawed fit and proper persons test, but what’s the alternative if these types are the only party in town?

How the lot that bought Charlton for £1 and provided no proof of funds got through the net is baffling. Same fella who screwed Bolton is involved - that should have raised the alarm.

I know its a business etc, but shouldn't the parachute payments, or the vast majority go to the club rather than an owner? I don't have any business nous so no idea if this is feasible, but whether leveraged buy outs are normal or not, I don't personally think its within the spirit of the game of football.

That said, I am aware that the individuals have put the money in as an investment and so are warranted a return, but to take ALL of the parachute payments that could put the club into finanacial jeopardy? Surely there should be a % return limit or something to try and negate these issues?

I read that Charlton may only have 45 days to save their club, fully aware Covid has had a big issue but there are too many Football Clubs that face going to the wall and things really need to change.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, July 30, 2020, 08:48:11 »

I presume, as in our case, the owner and the club are the same. Money flows in from whatever source and goes where the owner decides.

If these high profile cases of clubs getting burned badly by their owners doesn’t open the eyes of some Town fans regarding Power then I give up.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, July 30, 2020, 08:56:51 »

I presume, as in our case, the owner and the club are the same. Money flows in from whatever source and goes where the owner decides.

If these high profile cases of clubs getting burned badly by their owners doesn’t open the eyes of some Town fans regarding Power then I give up.

Is this why Germany has the model whereby a club can't have more than 50% ownership? I definitely think something like this needs to be implemented in this country.

china red

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, July 30, 2020, 09:28:57 »

Which worked well for Leipzing
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, July 30, 2020, 10:01:48 »

Is this why Germany has the model whereby a club can't have more than 50% ownership? I definitely think something like this needs to be implemented in this country.
How would you implement it here? You can't go seizing peoples assets and clubs are businesses so you would have to comply with business regulations. Take Man City, their owners have probably pumped in over a billion and they should just be expected to give up their majority ownership?  Same goes for Landsdowne for City, he's spent a fortune of his own money on them so why should he have to give up ownership?

It's all very romantic saying fans should have 50% ownership but that horse has bolted here and any attempts to implement it would likely be seen as illegal IMO and it would likely be subject to years of legal battles. 
Best case fans could possibly get first refusal to buy the club if it is for sale but it would have to be at fair market value and for the current owner and if another party bids they'd have to match it so the odds of fans raising enough money to buy the majority ownership for most clubs is slim to none.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, July 30, 2020, 10:08:25 »

Thought he got better as he went on. Still a bit raw so a full season in L2 or L1 might polish him up a bit.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, July 30, 2020, 10:57:05 »

Which worked well for Leipzing

Did they use a loophole via sponsership to get around that?

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, July 30, 2020, 10:58:47 »

How would you implement it here? You can't go seizing peoples assets and clubs are businesses so you would have to comply with business regulations. Take Man City, their owners have probably pumped in over a billion and they should just be expected to give up their majority ownership?  Same goes for Landsdowne for City, he's spent a fortune of his own money on them so why should he have to give up ownership?

It's all very romantic saying fans should have 50% ownership but that horse has bolted here and any attempts to implement it would likely be seen as illegal IMO and it would likely be subject to years of legal battles. 
Best case fans could possibly get first refusal to buy the club if it is for sale but it would have to be at fair market value and for the current owner and if another party bids they'd have to match it so the odds of fans raising enough money to buy the majority ownership for most clubs is slim to none.

I don't have the answers at all and you are right about the horse bolting, nothing has been done about ownership of football clubs and its going to end in tears for multiple clubs I reckon sadly.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, July 30, 2020, 11:01:22 »

Quote from: Tails
Thought he got better as he went on. Still a bit raw so a full season in L2 or L1 might polish him up a bit.

ditto
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: