Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rarmani Edmonds - Green  (Read 5238 times)
wigster

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:29:21 »

Hi,  Hope you don't mind me coming on to your board - I'm a Huddersfield Town supporter and was wondering how you all felt Edmonds-Green played when he was with you last season.

I'd appreciate any views you may have - at Huddersfield we seem to have no money (no excuses - we disgracefully blew all our Premier league money) and may have to rely on our youngsters.

Congratulations on last season and good luck for this !

Thanks for any opinions you have.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:30:42 »

The biggest compliment I can give is I really hope we sign him for this season. I just have a good feeling about him
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:31:04 »

He was absolute tat. I'd pay a club to take him off your hands. #hth

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:31:52 »

The biggest compliment I can give is I really hope we sign him for this season. I just have a good feeling about him

Delete this comment.  Angry

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:32:40 »

Hi wigster, what a very polite way to introduce yourself, certainly the polar opposite of the Blackpool fan that recently signed up, but I suspect he was 14 and bored.

I think on the whole REG (as he is affectionately known) was a positive signing and really grew into the team. League 2 is obviously a much lower standard than the Championship but he was impressive, seemed comfortable with the ball at feet and was a solid enough defender.

I would certainly have him back again on loan/permanent based on what we saw last season.

p.s, if anyone calls you cunt, don't be offended, its a term of endearment as a way of welcoming newcomers on here! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:33:18 »

Hi,  Hope you don't mind me coming on to your board - I'm a Huddersfield Town supporter and was wondering how you all felt Edmonds-Green played when he was with you last season.

I'd appreciate any views you may have - at Huddersfield we seem to have no money (no excuses - we disgracefully blew all our Premier league money) and may have to rely on our youngsters.

Congratulations on last season and good luck for this !

Thanks for any opinions you have.

Blew all your PL money? How? I thought you still receive parachute payments?

Grew into it with us and impressed. Would have him back.

Think if you'd gone down, he'd start for you. Much like another former loanee (Woolf) did for Ipswich.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:40:11 »

Blew all your PL money? How? I thought you still receive parachute payments?

I read somewhere that its a similar set-up to how Donald bought Sunderland. Bascially, using parachute payments to buy the club from the previous owner. No idea how true that is.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:41:36 »

I would love him back.

Personally I am not sure that hes near enough championship level yet but with an old head alongside of him he will only improve.

Hes quick, he can head a ball, knows how to tackle, pass the ball, never let us down in any game he played for us but his positioning is a bit off which is why he needs an older head alongside him to guide him through games.

The biggest compliment I can give him is that he reminded me of a very young Colin Calderwood.

I hope he does well for you but he needs another season at L1 level to progess fully Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:48:43 »

Well done TEF, big him up to the Hudd Massive, why don't you.  Roll Eyes

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 15:29:49 »

Hi wigster, what a very polite way to introduce yourself, certainly the polar opposite of the Blackpool fan that recently signed up, but I suspect he was 44 (with the mindset of 14) and bored.

I think on the whole REG (as he is affectionately known) was a positive signing and really grew into the team...

Fixed it Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
wigster

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 15:59:54 »

Thanks for your comments - much appreciated. I suspect that Red Frog has issues ... We DO get parachute payments but they're going to the previous owner - he wasn't quite the selfless saviour we thought he was !

Good luck for next season !
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 16:19:53 »

Thanks for your comments - much appreciated. I suspect that Red Frog has issues ... We DO get parachute payments but they're going to the previous owner - he wasn't quite the selfless saviour we thought he was !

Good luck for next season !

RF doesn't have any issues (well none that I know of), he was just using reverse psychology/ploy to divert.

Tbh, I wouldn't listen to most of those saying he's good. They're just trying to lure you into a false sense of security. He's shit mate. You'd be better off letting him go to a L1 club

Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 16:24:02 »

Anyone called Reg is shit
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 16:28:34 »

Thanks to my pro bono lawyer.

But on Wigster's other point, it's proper fucked if parachute payments can be swiped by a previous owner rather than staying in the club.

Oh, and you can thank clubs like us for showing why parachute payments came into being in the first place.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 16:32:13 »

Fixed it Wink

haha, spot on bamboo!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: