Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Any private landlords on here?  (Read 2809 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 16:34:06 »

Could you make yourselves known if you are and may have any available properties in the near future.

Trying to avoid the hassle with letting agents if possible.

Thanks
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 18:21:20 »

What hassle are you trying to avoid exactly? You could ask lettings agents what properties they have on an introductory deal with the landlord i.e. They find the tenant and then the landlord takes over.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 19:10:22 »

Could you make yourselves known if you are and may have any available properties in the near future.

Trying to avoid the hassle with letting agents if possible.

Thanks

Have a word with Ash
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 21:04:24 »

If the issue is tenant fees, there has been fairly recent legislation on this - lots of info is freely available on the net.

I manage my own properties (rather than using an agent) and you still have to comply with he applicable 'red tape' such as the law on right to rent checks, tenancy deposits and Deregulation Act information etc.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 22:32:26 »

I manage my own properties (rather than using an agent) and you still have to comply with he applicable 'red tape' such as the law on right to rent checks, tenancy deposits and Deregulation Act information etc.

Yep, designed to protect both parties now days.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 22:49:18 »

Have a word with Ash
Yeah, he's on my list, I've already touched base with him, just got to get round to having a proper chat.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 22:50:49 »

If the issue is tenant fees, there has been fairly recent legislation on this - lots of info is freely available on the net.

Thanks, rending is Alien to me. I've owned for the last 10 years. With the current pandemic, i want to see what happens to the market over the next 6-12 months before buying again. Again, if this is a wrong move, someone  tell me.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 22:51:26 »

What hassle are you trying to avoid exactly? You could ask lettings agents what properties they have on an introductory deal with the landlord i.e. They find the tenant and then the landlord takes over.
I just though cutting out the middle man might be easier and possibly cheaper.
Valid Pint

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 02:10:11 »

Property is theft.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 05:28:08 »

Thanks, rending is Alien to me. I've owned for the last 10 years. With the current pandemic, i want to see what happens to the market over the next 6-12 months before buying again. Again, if this is a wrong move, someone  tell me.

Of course, no one really knows what will happen and it’s all a load of guesswork.  Many commentators take the view that house prices will suffer by the end of the year.

Ultimately, the decision whether or not to buy now depends on your circumstances. If you intend to stay put for a number of years, you may well ride out any issues in the short to medium term.

I heard recently that prices took around 7 years to recover after 2008.  This suggests you may have to stay put for a similar length of time.

Nothing to see here
Valid Pint

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 12:07:20 »

Is this an option?https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18628969.man-angry-travellers-camp-wootton-bassett-road-grounds/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: