Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what do we hope or expect for STFC in 2020/21  (Read 18261 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 13:06:57 »

The phrase scored goals usually means scored a decent amount of goals doesn’t it??

It's certainly an interpretation you could make, which is why I provided a point of info, in case Froggy might be expecting a bit more from Hallam than he's capable of delivering. 

Shaun Close for example played in Div 2 and scored goals (2) albeit only 1 in the League.... hindsight tells us not much of a recommendation.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #121 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 13:48:00 »

It's certainly an interpretation you could make, which is why I provided a point of info, in case Froggy might be expecting a bit more from Hallam than he's capable of delivering. 

Shaun Close for example played in Div 2 and scored goals (2) albeit only 1 in the League.... hindsight tells us not much of a recommendation.
If you actually bothered to read my personal opinion about Hope then you would see that I have reservations about him fitting into our system. I don't think for 1 minute that RF would base his opinion on what I say, he is quite capable and adult enough to make his own mind up, he was asking for opions which I gave him. I was saying it as I saw it after watching every minute he has played for Swindon so far.

Nobody said he is going to be a great success at Swindon yet you assume that my post was excessively positive judging by your attack on it.

I naturally erred on the side of caution but without being extremely negative about a player who has only started 4 games for Town yet has a 50% strike rate in L2 with us for matches started and a 100% strike rate when starting games at home.

But basically what you are saying is that Hallam Hope is on the same level as Shaun Close, one of the worst players in our history?

Well done for writing him off so early in his Town career.

Interpretation is just how you can miss read to justify your own arguments about him being shit rather than taking it as it is  literallywritten, I don't think I could have posted it in a way that was easier to understand, he has "scored goals in L1" at no point did I state he scored lots, or scored regularly in L1, he has done exactly as I stated, you chose to incorrectly assume that I missed out words.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 14:23:01 »

Behave you pair. This is all moot. We only need an experienced RB for any automatic promotion push*. We have two of them.

*Please don't take literally

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #123 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 14:28:30 »

I see we have 299 online guests!

Wave at the Blackpool fans.

Bye

Edit: 345 guests now! obsessed?
« Last Edit: Monday, July 27, 2020, 14:44:33 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 15:06:22 »

If you actually bothered to read my personal opinion about Hope then you would see that I have reservations about him fitting into our system. I don't think for 1 minute that RF would base his opinion on what I say, he is quite capable and adult enough to make his own mind up, he was asking for opions which I gave him. I was saying it as I saw it after watching every minute he has played for Swindon so far.

Nobody said he is going to be a great success at Swindon yet you assume that my post was excessively positive judging by your attack on it.

I naturally erred on the side of caution but without being extremely negative about a player who has only started 4 games for Town yet has a 50% strike rate in L2 with us for matches started and a 100% strike rate when starting games at home.

But basically what you are saying is that Hallam Hope is on the same level as Shaun Close, one of the worst players in our history?

Well done for writing him off so early in his Town career.

Interpretation is just how you can miss read to justify your own arguments about him being shit rather than taking it as it is  literallywritten, I don't think I could have posted it in a way that was easier to understand, he has "scored goals in L1" at no point did I state he scored lots, or scored regularly in L1, he has done exactly as I stated, you chose to incorrectly assume that I missed out words.

I've offered no opinion on Hope.... just provided a point of info about his goalscoring in Div 3. 
Peter Venkman

« Reply #125 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 16:41:11 »

I've offered no opinion on Hope.... just provided a point of info about his goalscoring in Div 3. 
O.K.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 16:47:52 »

As you were, both. I think I've got it.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 15:35:11 »

A crowd and an atmosphere would be great. Something like this please  Smiley

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 08:34:24 »

Looks really good, sounds really good, but the lyrics to that chant are fucking dreadful Cheesy

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 08:53:19 »

Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 09:12:54 »

Looks really good, sounds really good, but the lyrics to that chant are fucking dreadful Cheesy
It may be that they don't translate well, they may be beautiful poetry in the original Spanish(?)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: