Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what do we hope or expect for STFC in 2020/21  (Read 18487 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 14:14:31 »

As Doyle showed at Bradford you can have the finest players in the world but with the wrong manager ...........

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 14:16:39 »

Quote from: Blackpoolfan
Because that's all they can attract😁
haha listen if the option is Blackpool or Swindon there only goin one place, as already proven

well, if we're fucked this season then you're going to be proper fucked next season aren't you.

whose going to do your scouting for you?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 14:54:30 »

Absolutely agree, it can be funny at times and a bit of mutual banter can be fun, a shit troll is just a cunt though, and that appears to be what we have got from the L1 glamour club from the glamour town.

But it's the 'Vegas of the UK' don't you know  Wink

Yeah. Johnny fucking Vegas and even he is in a better state than Blackpool  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 16:12:01 »

But it's the 'Vegas of the UK' don't you know  Wink

Yeah. Johnny fucking Vegas and even he is in a better state than Blackpool  Soapy Tit Wank

He's no different from the others living there as their all overweight and Gobby

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 16:58:47 »

Small town syndrome?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 09:13:05 »

And back on topic - my "hope for" for next season is still being in business as a functioning football club come May (or June, or July or August). Anything above that is a bonus and well beyond, I'm afraid, what many clubs will be able to hope for (unless the Premier League finally recognise their obligations to lower league football).
Flashheart

« Reply #96 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 09:24:32 »

Just to clarify, when I say I hope we stay up, that does not mean to say I think we are in for a relegation scrap. I could just as easily say I think we're going up. There's far too many variable but, considering all that's going on, staying up would be something I'd settle for.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #97 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 09:30:00 »

Just to clarify, when I say I hope we stay up, that does not mean to say I think we are in for a relegation scrap. I could just as easily say I think we're going up. There's far too many variable but, considering all that's going on, staying up would be something I'd settle for.
Absolutely, small steps. Stay int he division 1st and foremost then take it from there. Its way too early to tell yet.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 09:30:19 »

so what you are saying is you hope we stay up
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 09:31:42 »

And you can consider my comments in the same light. Were we not embarking on next season in the shadow of a global pandemic and the kind of recession that will make the 1980s look like a minor blip, I'd be over-optimistically punting for a tilt at the play-offs (on the basis of fuck all, so far as none of us have any real idea what the squad will look like come the start of the season). But we are in that rather gloomier global pandemic/recession scenario so next season is all about simply staying afloat for the majority of the league.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 09:52:59 »

I think we'd all agree staying up first and foremost I'd minimum aim, but that with a bit of skill and indeed luck in recruiting anything is possible
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 09:57:36 »

Staying up and in business after the coronavirus crisis is a minimum for me. Realistically I reckon mid table would be a good season, something to build upon the following year. Only worry with that is Wellens could then be snatched away from us after 2 good years.

Never say never to a playoff push, other teams have managed to take the momentum of a promotion and do it back to back.

All too soon though with players to come and go. It’s all ifs buts and coconuts
Panda Paws

« Reply #102 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 10:02:13 »

Normal circumstances, I'd expect 10th-14th. Right now, I'd take 20th and getting to a game or two.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 10:40:28 »

Naturally, I would be disappointed if Wellens left given the success achieved last season. 

However, if he were to leave for whatever reason, I understand that there is a whole bunch of recently retired / similarly 'hungry' / untested former pros who would be keen to take on the 'project' and get a foot on the management merry go round.  I think that STFC have generally done fairly well with that type of appointment.

Nothing to see here
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, July 27, 2020, 10:54:49 »

Coventry won league 1 last season and aren't even playing at their own ground, ultimately anything is possible especially with next season being very different to years gone by.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: