Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what do we hope or expect for STFC in 2020/21  (Read 18419 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 12:29:50 »

Quote from: Blackpoolfan
He will be,  21-22 Season,  provided he stays with us.
you couldn’t pay 200k for Yates. Tried paying it in instalments hahahaha that’s pathetic that let’s be honest. Your gonna have to rely heavily on free agents this season, which the best players that are released there will be top teams after them. Think your gonna struggle

you're
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 12:37:03 »

We do we always end up with such poor quality trolls?

I appreciate a good troll. The type where you sometimes just have to doff your hat and say 'fair play, you got me there'.

A good troll has wit, creativity, and originality. Ours have none of those things. Nothing but banality and predictability. (Although Reg is good at getting people hooked, I'll give him that).

By way of a point of information, seeing as you continue to judge my posts despite not reading them..... all I ever do is look at the facts as they appear available and interpret them...  if people disagree, fine, I'm always ready to argue the interpretation.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 12:46:33 »

By way of a point of information, seeing as you continue to judge my posts despite not reading them..... all I ever do is look at the facts as they appear available and interpret them...  if people disagree, fine, I'm always ready to argue the interpretation.

You do love a good bit of bait laying though Reg. I can almost see you smirking from here   Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 13:10:15 »

you couldn’t pay 200k for Yates. Tried paying it in instalments hahahaha that’s pathetic that let’s be honest. Your gonna have to rely heavily on free agents this season, which the best players that are released there will be top teams after them. Think your gonna struggle

You do realise almost every transfer fee is paid in instalments don’t you? Very rarely do clubs just hand over the full transfer fee up front.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 13:15:55 »

looks like Wellens is off ain’t he? Why would he wanna stay at a selling club

Are you the Blackpool fan on their forum claiming to live in Swindon slagging STFC off saying we're a Mickey Mouse club? Your living on past history some 50 years ago and for the record Blackpool is a right shi*hole full of drug users, stag do's and kiss me quick hats all spread along your golden mile
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 13:18:11 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 13:32:27 »

But weren't many fans saying the same thing at the start of last season ?.    Quite happy to lull the bookies into a false sense of security and take the 22-1 that they offered last preseason.    Let's be fair,  none of us really know what squad we will be starting with,  we've got to start the season with the same chance of every other club,  and an even better chance than those starting on minus 12/15.

Yes, very similar vibes to last pre season.

Finding 35+ goals is difficult to do.
To do it twice is even more difficult.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 13:35:25 »

I expect a combination of experience and young kids. The max number of loans and people trying to rebuild careers after injury. I don't expect us to pay any transfer fees for players

I think we will struggle and be hovering around the relegation zone for much of the year.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 13:46:54 »

Yes, very similar vibes to last pre season.

Finding 35+ goals is difficult to do.
To do it twice is even more difficult.
I’m not so sure. Most fans are of the opinion that any half decent striker would score goals in our side last season.

Our style will be the same, midfield hopefully very similar in creating the chances and our eventual replacement strikers should be a step up on both Yates and Doyle.
china red

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 13:58:32 »

Thing with Wellens is he does seem to know a good player, understands the importance of getting the right character in too.   I have faith we'll be up there, will be tough with some big teams in the league next year but other so called smaller teams have gone up previously.

Think some of the bigger teams are going to struggle a lot more than we will with their current budgets, could see a few teams go into admin over the course of the season
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 14:14:03 »

I’m not so sure. Most fans are of the opinion that any half decent striker would score goals in our side last season.

Our style will be the same, midfield hopefully very similar in creating the chances and our eventual replacement strikers should be a step up on both Yates and Doyle.

I see your point with regards to the strikers but it’s still feasible Anderson, Woolery & Isgrove could all be else where next season - so whose going to create all this chances?
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 14:46:32 »

Main thing to focus and be positive about is that Wellens is not only still here but he's happy, happy with the Chairman and the budget. The bloke is a class act and will go all the way to the top.

Whilst a few key players have left, we've also risen a league, and all who have departed are no better, untested or no longer hungry playing a level above. It could, will, work out to be a blessing, as it has forced the board's hand in backing RW, which again is promising considering the current backdrop.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 14:53:01 »

I see your point with regards to the strikers but it’s still feasible Anderson, Woolery & Isgrove could all be else where next season - so whose going to create all this chances?

I know it will be considered controversial by some of the usual suspects on here, but I've got a feeling Anderson won't be here next season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 15:20:36 »

What ever gave you that idea?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 15:52:08 »

I know it will be considered controversial by some of the usual suspects on here, but I've got a feeling Anderson won't be here next season.

No shit Sherlock.

You know exactly what I meant.
Blackpoolfan

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 16:31:28 »

Are you the Blackpool fan on their forum claiming to live in Swindon slagging STFC off saying we're a Mickey Mouse club? Your living on past history some 50 years ago and for the record Blackpool is a right shi*hole full of drug users, stag do's and kiss me quick hats all spread along your golden mile
bet you still go there every year for your holidays tho don’t you 🤣🤣
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: