Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what do we hope or expect for STFC in 2020/21  (Read 18422 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 11:26:45 »

championship manager Wellens.
He will be,  21-22 Season,  provided he stays with us.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Blackpoolfan

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 11:34:28 »

He will be,  21-22 Season,  provided he stays with us.
you couldn’t pay 200k for Yates. Tried paying it in instalments hahahaha that’s pathetic that let’s be honest. Your gonna have to rely heavily on free agents this season, which the best players that are released there will be top teams after them. Think your gonna struggle
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 11:39:32 »

you couldn’t pay 200k for Yates. Tried paying it in instalments hahahaha that’s pathetic that let’s be honest. Your gonna have to rely heavily on free agents this season, which the best players that are released there will be top teams after them. Think your gonna struggle
Money may well help,  but as proved on many previous occasions,  a proven track record and good contacts is a managers best route forward.   Oh,  Apologies,  I forgot,  we did spend a few million last season.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 11:43:25 »

Can't see Wellens settling for consolidation next season.
Although risky, I thought that the medicine ball approach to recruitment worked well last season.
There were injuries to key players but the backups were generally good quality and positions weren't covered by two similar players.
Everyone had different attributes but fitted in when called upon.

So, hoping for more of the same over the next 6 or 7 weeks in terms of recruitment.
I suspect that there might be more of a reliance on the loan market for key positions this time.
At least it's not as much of a start from scratch effort as recent seasons, with a decent foundation for a good squad already in place.

Hopefully the pre season fitness work will concentrate on stamina.
Other teams could be under cooked in terms of fitness (and scrabbling around for a microwave) so maybe an opportunity to pick up some early points quickly for sides that have got the preparation right.

Overall, would hope for us to be sniffing around the top ten.
Wellens will want more than that.....

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 11:48:39 »

I expect a relegation scrap. Maybe not right in the mix sorta thing - probably always a few points ahead of it but always looking back over our shoulder + two defeats against Oxford.

I know it’s still early but this team (currently) has no goals in it...
But weren't many fans saying the same thing at the start of last season ?.    Quite happy to lull the bookies into a false sense of security and take the 22-1 that they offered last preseason.    Let's be fair,  none of us really know what squad we will be starting with,  we've got to start the season with the same chance of every other club,  and an even better chance than those starting on minus 12/15.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 11:50:35 »

You're only Blackpool pal, don't get on your high donkey just yet.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 11:53:54 »

Oh,  Apologies,  I forgot,  we did spend a few million last season.

Did we?
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 12:03:32 »

Am I missing something,I thought it was fairly standard practice to pay in instalments. Perhaps Blackpool were able to pay cash which gave them the edge. I think someone said on here a while ago that any club with cash to spend would be in a particular strong position recruitment wise and that seems the case with Blackpool at the moment. Good luck to them but I’m more than happy to wait patiently for now. This time last year I had no idea who Jordan Lyden or Rob Hunt were and they’ve turned into excellent signings. There will be similar this year
Flashheart

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 12:08:09 »

This Blackpool troll reminds me of some of the Bradford fans from last season. Full of bravado and claims that they're going to go up leaving us behind. Look how that turned out for them.

I don't know how well Yates and Keshi will do there. We all know they have potential, but we also know that Wellens can get the best out of players. The Blackpool manager needs to get the best out of them as well, otherwise they'll end up with some distinctly average (and expensive) players on their books.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 12:08:46 »

But the difference being wages won’t be the deciding factor as nobody can offer more than any other club.

If your rookie manager has got it wrong with recruitment you’ve really fucked yourselves over. At the end of the day, you’ve only signed players from L2.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 12:09:53 »

Be a shame if it went tits up  Grin
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 12:11:45 »

Be a shame if it went tits up  Grin

* 8E5E6689-9383-4008-83E3-1BCD2B423145.jpeg (20.01 KB, 679x635 - viewed 78 times.)
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 12:18:22 »

Cheesy
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 12:20:36 »

I preferred Blackpool when the Oystons were running them.
Proper owners.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 12:23:07 »

I preferred Blackpool when the Oystons were running them.
Proper owners.
Perhaps they are going for the Notts County approach now. Spend money that doesn’t actually exist....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: