Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EFL League One 2020-21  (Read 15684 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 21:26:30 »

That has to be the biggest match fixed first half since the Serie A (Alberto Comazzi was involved in that) scandal. I'm sorry, Hull are shit but Wigan haven't been that good in games.

It probably won't happen but in true Kevin Keegan style, I would love it, absolutely love it if Luton or even Barnsley dicked the two of them and stayed up instead of them.

Absolute bunch of cunts (and no, not in an endearing way). The Man City news was corrupt enough. This just takes the Bourbon.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 21:50:54 »

Before tonight Wigan had taken 13 points from 18 since the restart, Hull just 4.

It’s not exactly a stretch to see a form team humiliating one which is plummeting (having sold anyone decent they had in January) toward league 1
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 03:00:28 »

Before tonight Wigan had taken 13 points from 18 since the restart, Hull just 4.

It’s not exactly a stretch to see a form team humiliating one which is plummeting (having sold anyone decent they had in January) toward league 1

Still a bullshit scoreline. Hull have been shit but not that shit. Likewise, Wigan have been good of late but not that and with current circumstances, more fishy than a microwaved Kipper.

As I say, couldn't give a fuck about either, I hope both teams go down and Luton pip them.

Charlton play today and if they beat Brum, they will only need a point to pretty much guarantee safety from their next match (Sat)...which happens to be...Wigan. Now if Charlton play out for a draw v Wigan then at 3pm that day is Luton v Hull. Either of them winning (I think Luton will win) will mean Wigan have to win their last game of the season to stay up. The pressure is on Wigan who have to keep getting results, even drawing is bad for them atm. What will make it more interesting is if Charlton either draw or lose v Brum. Because then in the fixture v Wigan they'll both need the 3pts even more so. Those types of games usually end up being a draw.

Going into the last game because I'm certain 2 or 3 will be battling the drop...

Hull away v Cardiff. Cardiff look like they still face a race to the end with Swansea for 6th spot so I see them going all out. Hull will likely need a win. A draw won be enough. Certainly not if they lose to Luton.

Charlton away v Leeds. Leeds can secure auto v Barnsley at home Thurs night and pretty much the title (any points dropped by Baggies hands it to Leeds. Brentford can play apart but I'm sure they would be happy sneaking 2nd). So it is likely that Leeds might relax. Certainly a chance for Charlton to grab all three in a 'shock' victory.

Wigan home v Fulham. A little result dependant concerning Fulham who may still have a slim hope (we'll know after Baggies v Udders result) of auto but it seems a favourable 'nothing' fixture for Wigan to get all three.

Luton home v Blackburn. Blackburn are pretty much on holiday mode, no PO hopes or Relegation worries. Players will be self absorbed in getting their agents to work on better/new deals while they organise holidays with the family. Focus will be like the fitness of a pre-preseason David Dunn. Luton off the back of beating the doomed Hull will seize this as an opportunity to escape via taking the points off a lethargic Blackburn.

If all of that plays out to roughly similar value, we'll end up with Barnsley bottom, then Hull. Interestingly Wigan would just survive on 49pts, Charlton just above them on around 50pts and Luton on 51pts. With Baggies likely to beat Hudders on Friday, they face Millwall away last game. Who incidentally are challenging for that last PO spot too (they play middling QPR in the penultimate tie). Hudders are very much in danger of joining Barnsley and Hull. They'd end up on their current total of 48pts, even 49pts (drawing with either Wall or Brom) would see them relegated by a significantly poor GD to Wigan.

I'm certainly keeping my peepers on Hudders. Still a fuck ton to play for in relegation and PO/Auto stakes, with seemingly all those teams playing crucial 6 pointers versus one another. Nice to be a neutral, I would not want to be a fan of those 5 bottom feeders and would probably have zero nails left if I was a Swans, Wall, Cardiff, Bees or Baggies fan either.

It's a fucking Nun's Chuff is that!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 09:44:04 »

Factor in the off field issues, Hull not giving the couple of month extended contracts to key players including the likes of their captain Lichaj and vice captain Jackson Irvine this kind of result has coming. Nothing to do with match fixing just a severely demoralized dressing room, devoid of quality and leadership and a pretty poor manager to boot who is only there as a yes man to their board.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 09:58:40 »

Factor in the off field issues, Hull not giving the couple of month extended contracts to key players including the likes of their captain Lichaj and vice captain Jackson Irvine this kind of result has coming. Nothing to do with match fixing just a severely demoralized dressing room, devoid of quality and leadership and a pretty poor manager to boot who is only there as a yes man to their board.
I watched about half of the game online and Hull were not bothered chasing anything in the first half, almost every attack that got near their goal went in. Hull were lower quality that any side I saw this season in league 2.

That could be as you say because of contracts etc but since the restart of matches they haven't looked anywhere near that bad, they conceded 4 at WBA but they are flying. Wigan certainly arent flying despite being on a decent run, and are probably in a worse situation concerning new contracts etc than the Hull players are.

There is barely a challenge put in by any defender for any of the goals and the keeper doesn't even bother going for most of them.

A couple of the goals were good goals but in the main they were worse than poorly defended, Wigan hit the post twice as well.

It could have been "just one of those games" when everything they hit goes in but its just with the circumstances surrounding 2 teams fighting relegation and with betting rumours rife concerning Wigans demise, just makes me question things. Weirder things have happened is all I am saying.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:09:36 »

With you on that. Even with that background it's an abysmal performance but you only have to skim through Adam Crafton's excellent piece in the Athletic to see how Hull have been undermined from within for some time now
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:15:05 »

With you on that. Even with that background it's an abysmal performance but you only have to skim through Adam Crafton's excellent piece in the Athletic to see how Hull have been undermined from within for some time now
I know Hull fans hate their owner, not sure if its crept into the team too with that level of playing incompetence.

The Hull owner Assem Allam said "they can die as soon as they want" when talking about Hull fans, that is not not right on any level. They are certainly a club that is fucked up big style.

With an owner like that and players who doesn't seem to care they could do a Bolton and drop to the bottom league if some steadying influence isn't put in place to manage them, as 'Boro have done with Warnock.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:15:25 »

I watched about half of the game online and Hull were not bothered chasing anything in the first half, almost every attack that got near their goal went in. Hull were lower quality that any side I saw this season in league 2.

That could be as you say because of contracts etc but since the restart of matches they haven't looked anywhere near that bad, they conceded 4 at WBA but they are flying. Wigan certainly arent flying despite being on a decent run, and are probably in a worse situation concerning new contracts etc than the Hull players are.

There is barely a challenge put in by any defender for any of the goals and the keeper doesn't even bother going for most of them.

A couple of the goals were good goals but in the main they were worse than poorly defended, Wigan hit the post twice as well.

It could have been "just one of those games" when everything they hit goes in but its just with the circumstances surrounding 2 teams fighting relegation and with betting rumours rife concerning Wigans demise, just makes me question things. Weirder things have happened is all I am saying.

In their last 10 games they've conceded at least 4 in half of them, if they concede a couple they capitulate as they have no leadership, a lot of players probably want out and subconsciously are thinking about finding a new club. This is just the result of a perfect storm of incompetence.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:20:31 »

This did make me laugh.

Grant McCann says today that even if it finished 10-0 he still won't resign.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:23:59 »

This did make me laugh.

Grant McCann says today that even if it finished 10-0 he still won't resign.
He's just a yes man to their owners, gets paid and has no accountability for on field performances, sold his soul to the devil and got a cushy little gig so of course he won't resign.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:25:37 »

They need to get in Carol Baskin, shes known to be pretty good working with unruly tigers and disposal of unwanted people.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:28:01 »

Amazingly, goal music sounds even worse in an empty stadium.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:31:30 »

Is that possible? Cheesy I hate goal music TBH, at any club, ever.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:43:38 »

Not sure why they are bothering with it, likewise when you watch games they seem to be playing music pre-match and at half time etc?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:45:36 »

Not sure why they are bothering with it, likewise when you watch games they seem to be playing music pre-match and at half time etc?
Next they will announce substitutions and crowd changes on the tannoy Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: