Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ebay disputes questions  (Read 3110 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 09:28:46 »

Long story short, i purchased an item which i thought might be too good to be true and ended up being so. Received an email saying the account was hacked and the items do not exist. No issue, i put in a request for a refund and actually forgot about it.

Received an email from eBay saying the refund will be processed and then a subsequent email from PayPal saying they will refund the funds.

I'm 99.999999% sure these emails are legit, there is nothing that jumps out at me and the email addresses are all correct but here's the issue:
I was in such a rush to get this deal i didn't sign into eBay to buy them, i just used the guest express check out and paid via visa checkout (not PayPal)

I do have a PayPal account but its associated to a different email address the correspondence came through, so I'm a little confused.

Any ideas?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 09:38:54 »

If you paid by debit or credit card just go to your card issuer and get them to sort it out for you.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 09:53:09 »

Long story short, i purchased an item which i thought might be too good to be true and ended up being so. Received an email saying the account was hacked and the items do not exist. No issue, i put in a request for a refund and actually forgot about it.

Received an email from eBay saying the refund will be processed and then a subsequent email from PayPal saying they will refund the funds.

I'm 99.999999% sure these emails are legit, there is nothing that jumps out at me and the email addresses are all correct but here's the issue:
I was in such a rush to get this deal i didn't sign into eBay to buy them, i just used the guest express check out and paid via visa checkout (not PayPal)

I do have a PayPal account but its associated to a different email address the correspondence came through, so I'm a little confused.

Any ideas?

The emails should be ebay@ebay.com and service@paypal.co.uk based on my recent experience of getting a refund.

edit: have a read of this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item/returning-items-bought-guest?id=4065
seems totally legit and nothing to do with your eBay account but the details you entered as a guest. Paypal facilitates the card payment so it'll probably go straight to your bank account as a card refund.  
Valid Pint

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 12:22:05 »

Hello Chubbs. I am trapped abroad & need a modest amount of thousands of pounds sterling to return home.
PM me with your bank account & card details.
Thank you.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 16:15:33 »

The emails should be ebay@ebay.com and service@paypal.co.uk based on my recent experience of getting a refund.

edit: have a read of this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item/returning-items-bought-guest?id=4065
seems totally legit and nothing to do with your eBay account but the details you entered as a guest. Paypal facilitates the card payment so it'll probably go straight to your bank account as a card refund. 
Cheers Si, i'll give it a few days and see what happens.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 23:53:17 »

I keep telling you the website about my mates bees is lonehoney not lovehoney and Wish cannot sell you a Samsung S20 for $13.99  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 9, 2020, 07:05:11 »

Any ideas?
I had the same thing happen to me, I raised a query with paypal as well as ebay, it took about a month but I was refunded the cost of the item straight back to my bank. I had emails from both paypal and ebay about it.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 9, 2020, 15:13:54 »

As suggested, i'd been refunded straight into my bank account.

Thanks for the advice chaps.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 9, 2020, 15:57:35 »

Mo problen  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: