Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Estate Agents  (Read 4781 times)
Valid Pint

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 12:10:57 »

New complex built right next to Tree nightclub in Swindon. Great for those looking at a nice, quiet area. Just wait til Tree reopens. There is a banner opposite the complex warning prospective buyers about the noise & disruption caused by the nightlife economy at weekends when we've all got our dancing trousers back on.

Honest estate agents? Or Tree pre-empting complaints from its new neighbours when it reopens?
Panda Paws

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 12:21:48 »

Im selling up.

Had one viewing as estate Agents will only proceed with 'proceedable buyers' so...a letter of a mortgage offer not good enough to view in person. You need a shit load of cash in a suitcase OR a nailed on offer for your place and time constraints to get out. I struggle to see how that encourages the market? Prepared to be educated by you on here.Please.

Previously ive just looked at houses whilst mine was selling..

A bit of BS from the estate Agents there IMO .....lots of staff on furlough and easier to sell online as viewings are a hassle.

To me that sounds like an agent who's struggling, and thus haven't taken people off furlough, and who hasn't put the hard yards in on a pricing and marketing strategy. It's not a case of "take some pics, put it on rightmove and sit by the phone...."

My BIL (mumsnet emoji) is still doing open houses, 4-6 viewings in a day etc on a single property. Market our way is very buoyant indeed.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 13:40:23 »

I am currently looking for additional properties and many agents  have been confining viewings to 'proceedable buyers'

Nothing to see here
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 14:06:11 »

Cheers.

Clems Army!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 14:07:18 »

Im selling up.

Had one viewing as estate Agents will only proceed with 'proceedable buyers' so...a letter of a mortgage offer not good enough to view in person. You need a shit load of cash in a suitcase OR a nailed on offer for your place and time constraints to get out. I struggle to see how that encourages the market? Prepared to be educated by you on here.Please.

Previously ive just looked at houses whilst mine was selling..

A bit of BS from the estate Agents there IMO .....lots of staff on furlough and easier to sell online as viewings are a hassle.

I think a lot of Agents are down on staff, albeit all the ones I deal with regularly are back up to full numbers, however they are noting that there is a lot of kite flying going on at the moment with people trying to view with little intention or ability of buying (which is quite normal) but more irritating for them in these times when they are more mindful of the DoC to their staff.

As noted above, bar getting the thing advertised to a decent audience there really isn't a great deal to Estate Agency, valuation, despite what many would have you believe, is based upon a fairly simple comparative method, marketing rarely goes beyond initial database mail shots and web enquiries or open house if the place doesn't shift, the vast majority fo sales come via net searches, the boards you see up are more adverts for the Agents rather than adverts for sale.

TBH if I was selling again, if there was a way of getting the place advertised on Rightmove etc privately I would probably do it myself initially as I am not sure what an agent would offer me that I cannot do myself. The only time I have sold was a house 250odd miles away so I had to use a local agent then.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 15:06:28 »

Thanks all for the advice. Put the feelers out today and had about half a dozen calls already. Like flies around shite! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, July 9, 2020, 08:36:02 »

Suspension of stamp duty should reignite the market next month,  assuming it goes ahead.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, July 9, 2020, 08:51:33 »

According to the agents I spoke to yesterday, they were saying that despite reports, the market hasn't suffered as much as would be expected. Most of them had sold properties at market value or above.

Are they just feeding me a line do you think?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, July 9, 2020, 09:08:15 »

According to the agents I spoke to yesterday, they were saying that despite reports, the market hasn't suffered as much as would be expected. Most of them had sold properties at market value or above.

Nope, its what I am hearing. It caused a blockage as people couldn't complete and move, however generally the market seems pretty buoyant.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, July 9, 2020, 13:00:04 »

No, I have been told by an estate agent that that is exactly the case,  and also that the majority of enquiries at present are from major cities,  especially London,  where people are looking to get out of over populated areas and move to more rural locations.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, July 9, 2020, 14:02:37 »

No, I have been told by an estate agent that that is exactly the case,  and also that the majority of enquiries at present are from major cities,  especially London,  where people are looking to get out of over populated areas and move to more rural locations.

Going to see a lot of this - it's been happening for a while but as remote working becomes more accepted, it'll really change the dynamic of commuterville.

Two friends have mine who are field-based for London companies have just bought in Bristol. We live 5 mins from a tube but would love to move a little further out to one of the Essex villages (Theydon, Ongar, Abridge etc). Can't commute from there to town 5 days a week. One day a week, however....
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, July 9, 2020, 14:53:43 »

Nope, its what I am hearing. It caused a blockage as people couldn't complete and move, however generally the market seems pretty buoyant.

Good stuff, thanks

Yeah the agents I spoke to this week have said that what I told them in that Lockdown has really escalated our desire to move from our flat in London and upscale somewhere further out has been echoed by quite a lot of people.

Going to see a lot of this - it's been happening for a while but as remote working becomes more accepted, it'll really change the dynamic of commuterville.

Two friends have mine who are field-based for London companies have just bought in Bristol. We live 5 mins from a tube but would love to move a little further out to one of the Essex villages (Theydon, Ongar, Abridge etc). Can't commute from there to town 5 days a week. One day a week, however....

The company I work with has been very receptive to the working from home and the lady in my team commutes from Lincolnshire but is only in the office Tuesday, Weds, Thursday. I'm hoping to move within a 45 minutes train journey of the office but wouldn't be looking to work in the office 5 days a week, otherwise I'd probably stay where we are.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: