Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weed Killers  (Read 5423 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 12:49:47 »

Any one got an recommendations of some super strength weed killer? I've used the standard off the shelf "weedol" and "resolva" type products but they just keep coming back. Mainly for patio and block paving.

Thanks
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 15:45:59 »

I had some really old powerful stuff from the 80's I got when my dad moved/cleared his shed that only ran out recently (and yes, I am pretty sure it was the stuff banned in 1999 or sometime around then) that did the trick on everything.  I know that is not very helpful but fucking hell it was powerful weedkiller in the old days.

Most off the shelf stuff today is pretty crap at keeping the weeds gone for good, but if you want to get serious try stump killer.  Round Up Tree Stump Killer is the best I have used for bastard weeds, but any stump killer will be better than the usual Weedol/Resolva stuff stuff.

No one kills a thread like me....
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 15:52:59 »

I had some really old powerful stuff from the 80's I got when my dad moved/cleared his shed that only ran out recently (and yes, I am pretty sure it was the stuff banned in 1999 or sometime around then) that did the trick on everything.  I know that is not very helpful but fucking hell it was powerful weedkiller in the old days.

Most off the shelf stuff today is pretty crap at keeping the weeds gone for good, but if you want to get serious try stump killer.  Round Up Tree Stump Killer is the best I have used for bastard weeds, but any stump killer will be better than the usual Weedol/Resolva stuff stuff.

Cool, i was eyeing up some stump killer earlier so might give that a go.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 16:03:44 »

On another note, whats the best for removing patio black spot?
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 16:45:18 »

If Jet washing doesn't work (and it doesn't always with lichen, which is what black spot is), I use some patio cleaner I got from Aldi that is pretty decent (Doff I think).  If that doesn't work, or if you want to save a couple of quid, if you have some Jeyes fluid in try that (test first on an inconspicuous area etc etc if you have fancy paving) - that is pretty much a universal moss/algae/lichen killer amongst everything else it does, just do it on a dry day so it dries on the stain.  You'll want to jet wash/scrub it off but should do the job, just give it a few days to kill the lichen.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 16:49:17 »

I’ll try that cheers, tried jet washing it straight off and that didnt work

Was thinking of trying patio magic but read mixed reviews
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 17:07:10 »

Petrol.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 17:08:50 »

Patio Magic is kinda the same as most of the usual patio cleaners (inc I assume the one I got from Aldi).  I think the reviews are based on just how bad the patio is to start with.  There seem to be some heavy duty black spot specific removers on Amazon etc for £30+, I would try cheaper options first personally.

My mum used to put bleach on everything she wanted to kill (she even used to inject it with a hypo into weeds in the lawn FFS) - not sure I would recommend that but could be a cheap alternative, cost lets face it bleach does kill pretty much everything though your patio will smell like Milton Road baths for weeks after.  And my mum was slightly mad like many mothers born in the 30's.

Valid Pint

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 10:36:21 »

I have black spot on my rose buahes, and it makes me look an absolute cunt when I have visitors in my garden. Any tips please?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 13:33:06 »

I have black spot on my rose bushes, and it makes me look an absolute cunt when I have visitors in my garden. Any tips please?

Removing the black spot won't help.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 07:04:32 »

I have one of those weed burner things. Fun to play with but the weeds come back.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 07:36:22 »

I told you before ya cunt. Wet & Forget. https://www.wetandforget.co.uk/residential-services/patio-cleaning-using-wet-forget/

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 08:32:39 »

Off the shelf weed killers just don't seem to work round here, northern weeds appear to be very hard, round up won't touch 'em!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 09:32:27 »

Removing the black spot won't help.

Clap so very true!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 09:45:33 »

ivy is a wanker
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: