Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pointless  (Read 2140 times)
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 16:11:49 »

I know I'm watching too much crap on tv but, on last nights Pointless, the final question was which Premier league sides had a player sent off. I went for Swindon, Oldham and Bradford, with the first two being correct but the third was Coventry apparently and not Bradford. I saw about 75% of the games but can't remember anyone being sent off for us, despite the presence of Kilcline.

Who was, or were, the guilt party or parties?

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 16:13:02 »

I know I'm watching too much crap on tv but, on last nights Pointless, the final question was which Premier league sides had a player sent off. I went for Swindon, Oldham and Bradford, with the first two being correct but the third was Coventry apparently and not Bradford. I saw about 75% of the games but can't remember anyone being sent off for us, despite the presence of Kilcline.

Who was, or were, the guilt party or parties?

I think from memory Mutch got sent off at Goodison Park when we lost 6-2.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 16:17:12 »

Nijholt vs QPR home
Mutch vs Everton away
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 16:43:56 »

Thanks for that. My advice to you all would be don't get old as I was at both those games but have no recollection of the sendings off. I do recall that the Everton game was Mike Walkers first game as manager at Goodison and I was televised on MOTD as, when we scored one of our two, I raised a fist behind the goal but below the cider ad.

Thanks for input.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 20:27:37 »

Just thinking about that QPR game still gives me palpitations.  After Wembley earlier that year, I can't ever remember feeling so tense at a game.  The sending off & then Scott's goal set us up for another hour of absolutely bricking it.  Don't think I even stopped at half time.  We probably knew, even then, that staying up was very unlikely but, nevertheless, getting that first Prem Prem League win was massive.  What a night that was.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 07:59:58 »

Just thinking about that QPR game still gives me palpitations.  After Wembley earlier that year, I can't ever remember feeling so tense at a game.  The sending off & then Scott's goal set us up for another hour of absolutely bricking it.  Don't think I even stopped at half time.  We probably knew, even then, that staying up was very unlikely but, nevertheless, getting that first Prem Prem League win was massive.  What a night that was.
QPR: The only team not to beat us in the Premier League!  Beers

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 08:21:46 »

Hmmm
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 08:33:11 »

And Coventry, Tottenham,  West Ham,  Ipswich, Norwich.   QPR was the only team we beat home and away,  maybe that's what you meant.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 08:45:03 »

And Coventry, Tottenham,  West Ham,  Ipswich, Norwich.   QPR was the only team we beat home and away,  maybe that's what you meant.

Ipswich have more than made up for it since..... we've played them 8 times, lost the lot. Goals for 4  Goals against 25.

If we do get back to something like Div 3 football... that's a record I'd like to improve.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: