Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Expectations for the season  (Read 43922 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 14:17:20 »

I see that  Grant is leading Doyle by 50% to 42 % as player of the year. Well deserved if he gets it, though I voted for Doyle.

Shows what a season we had when Doyle with 25 goals in 29 games is not a shoe in for PotY!
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 16:29:54 »

This is self evident -  if you win a league / promotion you will have a group of players who have had consistently good performances this season.
Doyle and Grant have been exceptional, and I’m not really surprised the voting is split fairly closely,  but as others said on the other thread (Adver PotY ) Yates and Hunt were very important members of the team too, also Benda.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 17:13:54 »

Also importance to give special mention to Baudry. Not the best player but he was quite the guiding CB (mentor) to a relatively young defence, before Caddis came in. Most times he played, the defensive unit looked and tended to be stronger. Sometimes a simple player in a certain position is all you need; not a multitude of utilisation just does the job. Rob Hunt also fits this bill too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 21:36:45 »

The fact Doughty is not in the POTY list says it all. On his day, the classiest player in the division and ran games this year.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 07:20:58 »

The fact Doughty is not in the POTY list says it all. On his day, the classiest player in the division and ran games this year.

Thought his late season form was superb, to my eyes his workrate went up and he put himself about a lot more.

That he's not included I think is a combination of others being just a bit more sonsistent, and he was a bit ptachy earlier in the seaon.

The man is a game winner.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 07:33:19 »

Thought his late season form was superb, to my eyes his workrate went up and he put himself about a lot more.

That he's not included I think is a combination of others being just a bit more sonsistent, and he was a bit ptachy earlier in the seaon.

The man is a game winner.
I agree, his performances from Christmas onward were far better than his early season games, he was almost a box to box player and looked far better than he did in August.

He was actually going into tackles and breaking with the ball which is not normally his game.

When hes in the final 3rd with the ball at his feet I doubt there is a better creative midfielder outside of the Championship.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: