Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 172. Tom Broadbent  (Read 6652 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 11:00:50 »

I always assumed that it was just the normal curse of the TEF sponsorship that made his form go to shit, we really must get into the habit of sponsoring a youth teamer or someone who we don't need to play.

Or sponsor an Oxford player.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 11:40:18 »

I always assumed that it was just the normal curse of the TEF sponsorship that made his form go to shit, we really must get into the habit of sponsoring a youth teamer or someone who we don't need to play.
That's a bit harsh, killing some kid's career before they've even got started.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 23:11:01 »

Bamboo I think.

Yes it was me, and likely mentally his health did have a knock on effect. Wouldn't most if  someone close to them had had a stroke and there was a high likelihood of having another?! That is some level of mental stress to deal with whilst maintaining the concentration of an elite level sportsperson. How one's mental threshold handles it is all individual, Tom seemingly thought he was handling it fine but sometimes we need telling that we aren't doing as well as we think. Men especially.

I would say Wellens made the right call for both player and squad but I agree, I would love to see him at his best.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: