Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Something going on in Reading  (Read 8503 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #30 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 06:56:21 »

Yes, where the murder rate in New York is now lower than London. London's increasing and New York's decreasing.

Stats please.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 07:24:25 »

Here’s something. Haven’t bothered to read it, though!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43628494
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 07:28:39 »

Looks like I missed out "for 1 month". Be interested to see the comparison based on just knife crime.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 08:25:59 »

The secret barrister on twitter gives lots of insights.

Apparently the justice system is on its knees. Buidings are falling apart, there are not enough courtrooms, cases keep on having to be postponed to due a lack of staff/facilities, and so on.

Then there's the havey police cuts. I remember one copper pleading with May to not make heavy cuts because it wil mean they can no longer be proactive. It seems that is exactly what happened.

Must be Sadiq Khan's fault, though.

His books well worth a read, the legal system is being dismantled before our eyes (which is affecting ones ability to get a fair trial as much as actually sentencing those who are guilty - he presents a frankly terrifying hypothetical (albeit based upon experience) case of someone innocent being convicted purely down to the state of the system and the lack of proper representation if you cannot afford it) and yet those who witter on about being tough on crime, still keep voting for the party that have been doing the systematic dismantling!

Another few thousand coppers along with an iron fist approach to sentencing isn’t going to change a thing.

As noted elsewhere, the number of coppers is considerably greater than in the era that those of a misty eyed nature like to get excited about, the only real increase in the last 50 odd years happened 2000-2010 under Labour (which has almost entirely been rolled back), not the party of 'law and order'.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 08:30:16 »

Terrorism means clicks though doesn't it, wall to wall coverage of Reading (rightly so), yet some pissed up knob head mounts the pavement just down the road from here mows down and kills three people and its being barely reported.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 08:52:16 »

My son was in that park 20 minutes before the attack....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, June 22, 2020, 13:58:37 »

Glad he left before it kicked off
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 12:09:30 »

Seems to be some rather strange reporting of this going on insofar as it seems to be little mentioned that all those killed were part of the LGBT+ community and the emerging potential mental health rather than terrorism motives seem to be getting limited coverage?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 12:15:45 »

My son was in that park 20 minutes before the attack....
Probably would have been ok, seems the attacker targeted a certain group according to the news today.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #39 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 15:33:17 »

So something similar has happened in Glasgow this afternoon then or so it seems.

3 people dead apparently and the suspect shit and killed by police with several injured.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2020/jun/26/glasgow-major-incident-city-centre

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 15:33:56 »

6 in hospital. Suspect dead.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: