Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EFL Play-Offs  (Read 92316 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 01:58:22 »

It’s not really a travesty Wycombe getting promoted is it. Yeovil and burton both did it in recent decades. Even when Brentford made it they did so after a gap of 20+ years (and look at them now)

I don’t doubt god forbid we ever made it to the championship a lot of fans of other teams From the championship and league one would see it as similar to those

Ohhh come on. I mean travesty via their style of play. They won't last in the /championship playing like that. It's absolute trollope but I did go on to say, let their fans enjoy it. You took one word wayyy too seriously. You bogus nitpicking cunt Wink

I mentioned Yeovil and Lincoln on the other thread in regards to getting up the leagues via an equally shit style of play. I'd argue Burton's was a tad bit better. Clough did prefer it on the ground at least some of the time. As did Peschisolido

Bentford is a little moot tbh, they chucked a good chunk of money at it (well more than Yeovil & Wycombe) and had two very decent coaches in this "purple" time period, in Warburton and matey boy...Rosler. Rosler essentially built a squad good enough to go up, Warburton finished the job with a few tweaks. and nearly got them to the Prem. Dean Smith sustained/stabilised Championship footy. This Norwegian fella, funtime Frankie or whatever looks like he might sneak them in autos on the last game, if not they will be the form team in the POs. Different kettle of hamsters to the likes of Yeo-Town and the Wandering Bucks.

RE: Teams up the pyramid, thinking of us as small fry. Possibly from some in the Champ, BD but there are plenty of clubs up there that we have had some good history with that would be more than happy to rekindle previous scores. Derby (esp the 70s with Dave McKay and poaching Rod Thomas) would be a good one and there's plenty of others that will think of us "fondly".

For a good time we have mostly been a team that does like to play some kind of football, regardless of division. Flitcroft aside, even Malpas (gulp really still don't get that appointment) liked us to get it down every once in a while. We've been noted as much for our playing style by many a team higher up; part of the reason we've been loaned players from higher up too. No point sending a ball playing midfielder on loan to Wycombe is there? He wouldn't fucking touch the ball.

Anyway, more than happy that Wycombe have taken the place over Oxford. Either would struggle up there but I do think they could sniff the POs again. Always harder when you go so close, without much reinvestment into a squad as we know too well. Look forward to Town playing them again.

Must go, my late night combination of Ovaltine & Courvoisier await. Gute Nacht oh Bogus one  Girl Giggle

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:49:30 »

Nuance and wit never goes down that well on the screen.  Some of us have had the pleasure of meeting PV and could very quickly see he was pissing about.

It does seem that some people post without really reading what they are responding to, and think they are being smarter and funny.. 

I find it amusing how my one post to PV's chat about Bayo, which was obvious to him that it was full of sarcasm and prompted his jovial response, turned into him having to dissect and explain himself.. 

Some people just need to chill a little..  I know PV relatively well (without actually having met him face to face) but there seems to be a few examples at the moment of people taking everything that somebody posts way too seriously. 

Some people need to re-review the forum rules, stated in the banner above.  Maybe it's the lock down effect kicking in, or the lack of STFC related football news to talk about.  Sometimes it's just a bit of a laugh, that's all..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #572 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:53:34 »

Some people need to re-review the forum rules, stated in the banner above.  Maybe it's the lock down effect kicking in, or the lack of STFC related football news to talk about.  Sometimes it's just a bit of a laugh, that's all..
Absolutely mate, I am pleased there is an end in sight for lockdown and getting football back on track, hopefully things will settle down a bit sooner rather than later.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:53:46 »

It does seem that some people post without really reading what they are responding to, and think they are being smarter and funny.. 

I find it amusing how my one post to PV's chat about Bayo, which was obvious to him that it was full of sarcasm and prompted his jovial response, turned into him having to dissect and explain himself.. 

Some people just need to chill a little..  I know PV relatively well (without actually having met him face to face) but there seems to be a few examples at the moment of people taking everything that somebody posts way too seriously. 

What are you talking about you total melt?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #574 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:58:50 »

What are you talking about you total melt?
TBF I know where he is coming from and agree with Berni, there are a lot of short fuses, not just on here but in general at the moment.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 09:01:20 »

TBF I know where he is coming from and agree with Berni, there are a lot of short fuses, not just on here but in general at the moment.

Lock down does seem to have bought the inner twat out in a lo0t of people. When it all started I took a deliberate few weeks or so off social media as I just couldn't be arsed.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 09:09:40 »

I was just messing with Berni PV. Smiley

FWIW I agree. I know you relatively well also on here so completely understand where you were coming from. The problem with forums is that you only really see words, so don't completely understand the character of people until you have been on there for a while.

I think on the whole there are a large number of 'mature' posters that have been on here for a while and the newer posters don't quite 'get' the language or behaviour of others and with the pressures of Covid, these spats tend to occur.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 09:10:29 »

To bring this back on track.  Oxford lost.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Flashheart

« Reply #578 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 09:14:35 »

To bring this back on track.  Oxford lost.

FUCK YEAH!!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 09:16:52 »

Don't worry, i took it how it was intended, you cock womble.. Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 09:17:38 »

FUCK YEAH!!

Speaking of Cock Wombles - FUCK YEAH!!

Peter Venkman

« Reply #581 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 09:22:27 »

Speaking of Cock Wombles - FUCK YEAH!!
FUCK YEAH!!! ©

Peter Venkman

« Reply #582 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 09:24:41 »

FWIW I agree. I know you relatively well also on here so completely understand where you were coming from. The problem with forums is that you only really see words, so don't completely understand the character of people until you have been on there for a while.

I think on the whole there are a large number of 'mature' posters that have been on here for a while and the newer posters don't quite 'get' the language or behaviour of others and with the pressures of Covid, these spats tend to occur.
Spot on BO....Oxford lost! FUCK YEAH!!! ©

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 09:30:22 »

Woot Jumping

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 17:07:22 »

We all know I like to talk, won't change that for any cunt, especially not a rubbish play on words trolly mctrollface poster who gets a turned on about teams with equally mature names as their own handle.

Talking of trolls, has anyone seen Hobodan lately or is it just Valid Pint (still a shit name) on another account and IP?

Oh, and PV (JJ) never met him in person but of what I do know, seems to love live music, comedy and a good laugh. Considering other shit that has gone on...absolutely top bloke. Hopefully will get to have a pint with you one day and chew your ear off regarding the adventure of the English language  Cheesy

Well Oxford lost, Yessss. I want to say FUCK YEAH too but I'm nowhere near as cool as you seasoned fuckers. So I'll go with FUCK NOYEAH!!! A favorite Americanism, which I'm sure will go down about as well as Peptac.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: