Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EFL Play-Offs  (Read 92313 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 11:50:22 »

He was a passenger, and if you didn't watch the game you certainly wouldnt have seen how awful he was.

As for a job after football...I recommend he goes into the building industry, as a building.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Valid Pint

« Reply #541 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 12:25:26 »

Don't forget that what goes around comes around. There will come another time when we are in Oxfords position. Im glad they didn't win, although I didn't particularly care for Wycombe, but I'm not going to rub their noses in it.

Well here is a big pile of shit, and here is an ol' boy from Botley. I am circulating his head, face-down around said pile, to make sure it's right up both his nostrils.

I feel so warm & fuzzy that I am giving bamboo a virtual hug, and giving JBZ a virtual spooning!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 12:40:32 »

Fair play to Adebayo Akinfenwa too for making The Championship for the first time in his career at 38 years of age. He scored his first goal against Swindon for Boston in 2003!

I always associate him with Torquay United but he was only with them for a season. I remember that strike partnership with Leon Constantine and Jo Kuffour causing us all sorts of problems (they still went down).

I believe that his goal for Boston against us in 2003 was his first in English football.

I would be very surprised if they don't bin him off this summer, there is no sentiment in football.

Thought his post match interview was great and nice touch from Klopp as well.

Actually thinking about it, perhaps they could give him a 1 month deal so he can at least have 5 mins somewhere so he can say he played at Championship level.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 12:44:56 »

If he's as popular as it looks then I imagine a player-coach role might be offered. They don't have a lot of experience in the coaching staff beyond the manager.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #544 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 13:16:12 »

If he's as popular as it looks then I imagine a player-coach role might be offered. They don't have a lot of experience in the coaching staff beyond the manager.
Popular players are great to have around the dressing room wether playing or not, his heart seems in it for Wycombe so your suggestion could well be proved correct.

Its also something us fans don't hear much about, if a player is a great influence in the dressing room as its the inner sanctum, it is rarely leaked out, thats one reason a lot of managers like to have players they know wont upset the apple cart and have a positive effect on morale.

Good luck to him, at 38 hes been around a long long time and he is also the sort of player you don't argue with, if he says you jump, you would say how high.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 13:24:42 »

if he says you jump, you would say how high.

On last nights performance whatever he said, it would be higher than he can jump!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #546 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 13:26:42 »

On last nights performance whatever he said, it would be higher than he can jump!
Not wrong there! saying that hes actually about the same size (hes maybe an inch or so taller) and build as me, although he is marginally more musclular than me!

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 13:57:21 »

Not wrong there! saying that hes actually about the same size (hes maybe an inch or so taller) and build as me, although he is marginally more musclular than me!

I was on-board with everything you were saying until you used the word marginally...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #548 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 14:07:43 »

I was on-board with everything you were saying until you used the word marginally...
Smiley even with my metal back I can bench press 200lbs still, although the ability to walk a few days after may be a problem Cheesy

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 14:22:21 »

It's uncanny, Akinfenwa is the same height as me and about 10 lbs  heavier  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 14:44:27 »

It's uncanny, Akinfenwa is the same height as me and about 10 lbs  heavier  Smiley
You must look pretty much like twins
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 15:09:27 »

Havent looked back.

Pox blew it...and Wycombe stuck to their guns and had a slice of luck ref the last ditch blocks etc.
Actually Wycombe didnt do too much of the Shit Housery!!

Why did the Pox fella not shoot!?

Why did the Pox keeper win the race for the ball and then attempt to catch it.....should of been a Superman horizontal punch....snick the ball...clatter the lad.

Anyway...they blew it, so two cup finals next season.

Lets hope it will be full houses as the League and Plod would be happy for reduced capacity and no away fans.

Clems Army!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 15:56:19 »

BTW nice to see Wycombe sponsored by Cherry Red Records!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 16:29:12 »

Saheed Adebayo Akinfenwa has had a decent lower league career.  I suspect he could still do a job in league 2.

Nothing to see here
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 16:33:33 »

Smiley even with my metal back I can bench press 200lbs still, although the ability to walk a few days after may be a problem Cheesy

Wikipedia suggests that he can bench press 200kg rather than 200lbs.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: